Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2014, 06:02 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
The P/FJ RV Plus Card is the easiest and if a Good SAMs member gives the best discount. There is no interest to pay, you just pay the total each month. It starts the truck pump and the pump ask for a 4 digit ID after you swipe. The only need to go inside is if you want a receipt and that can be printed by you at a kiosh meaning you don't have to wait in line. You can even print off older receipts meaning you can avoid going in at every stop.

I know you said you didn't want this card but it's the only way I know to get truck pumps working like you want.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:28 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I use the Flying J Fuel card all the time. Drive up to pump, swipe card, hit skip at the first menu unless you want to dispense DEF (normally on wrong side for RV and Truck pump DEF hose won't reach), select Tractor Fuel, input Security Code when asked, raise pump start lever.

The security code is obtained when you setup your payment info online.

The good part of the card is you never have to go inside and wait in line, pump, then go back and wait in line. You can also pump $1000.00 fuel with one swipe if you want. Most other credit card pumps have a $75-$150 limit....which ain't much gas nowadays . The card also discounts $.05/gal.

The bad part is you have to zero the balance on the account each month. I just use my iPad and transfer the money when needed.

2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwit View Post
Myron,
Are you using the P/FJ credit card?
My card says RV Plus Charge Card.

I contacted them online a few months ago to increase the credit line due to extended travels. They responded quickly. I do my best to find Flying J's/Pilots along my travels. I always use the truck lanes.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I know you said you didn't want this card but it's the only way I know to get truck pumps working like you want.
Yes.

Why not get the Flying J RV Plus card? It's easy to get, free, provides a discount, and makes fueling simple. You pay at the end of each month.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
When using the truck lanes:

If you have the RVAdvantage (discount) card, then you swipe, pump, go in and pay. When you get that card, you either need to pre-activate on the website or go in and activate it the first time, to enable what they call "pump start". Once you do, you're set. You still need to go in and pay.

If you're using the PFJ credit card, then you can pay at the pump. But there's no way that I know of to pay at the pump with any other credit card.

I've never used the RV lanes at a PFJ, so I don't know the rules there. But I use the truck lanes often, and the above is what works for me.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #20

I'm brand new to diesel so am still sorting things out. Used the truck lanes at Pilot for the 1st time recently. Was shocked when the price came up 20-25 cents higher than the advertised price. Would have save a bunch going to the Shell station across the street (that I would have gotten in to with no problem).
Old 09-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat-Trick View Post
I'm brand new to diesel so am still sorting things out. Used the truck lanes at Pilot for the 1st time recently. Was shocked when the price came up 20-25 cents higher than the advertised price. Would have save a bunch going to the Shell station across the street (that I would have gotten in to with no problem).
Were you in Indiana?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Were you in Indiana?
Or Arizona? I think both those states charge a different tax rate for commercial vs. NON-commercial vehicles. You have to tell them at the fuel desk: "I'm an RV" or "I'm non commercial."
Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesDaddy View Post
Or Arizona? I think both those states charge a different tax rate for commercial vs. NON-commercial vehicles. You have to tell them at the fuel desk: "I'm an RV" or "I'm non commercial."
I have noticed that at some Flying J there are two pumps on the lanes marked for truck/rv. One is the large nozzle that will fit in the MH and the other is the RV nozzle that will also fit in the RV but it has the RV lower price.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesDaddy View Post
I don't know about Arizona, but if you don't have an ICC number in Indiana, you can't get the non-commercial rate at the truck pumps no matter what. Even though we generally go through Indiana at least twice a year, I never get fuel there.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I have noticed that at some Flying J there are two pumps on the lanes marked for truck/rv. One is the large nozzle that will fit in the MH and the other is the RV nozzle that will also fit in the RV but it has the RV lower price.
I don't recall ever seeing that. Do you remember where? What state?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #26

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
I don't think you can pay at the truck pump with someone else's (other than Pilot) credit card.
There are quite a few Pilots with pay at truck pump capability if you're using a VISA card. I've used this a number of times, although now I use the RV Plus card.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #27

Pilot, not Flying J--another try

Since my last post on this topic took on a life of it's own, I'm going to try again.

I'm trying to find how to work the pumps at a Pilot truck lane using my RV Real Value Member card an a NON Pilot/FJ credit card.
My RV Real Value Member card has worked well at Flying J's RV lanes, but I'm going to be using a Pilot station soon with no RV lanes.

IIRC, the sequence of events (Member card/Credit card) are different between RV and truck lanes. Once upon a time, a Pilot/FJ rep contributed to this forum with detailed info on what to do and when. I can't find the info.

I've looked at the Pilot/ FJ web site as well as IRV2 with no joy.

Please, Please, PLEASE, I'm NOT interested in the Pilot/FJ PLUS Credit card. I DON'T want to go inside. The 5% discount I get on my CC only works if I pay at the pump.

I already know what happens when I get it wrong, what I need to know is--can it be done and how is it done?

Thanks
Steve
Old 09-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSteve View Post
I've been searching high and low for a few hours trying to find how to work the pumps at a Pilot truck lane.

I have an RV Real Value Member card which has worked well at Flying J's RV lanes, but I'm going to be using a Pilot station soon with no RV lanes.

Just to be clear, I'm NOT interested in the Pilot/FJ PLUS Credit card.
Thanks Steve
Last I heard the Real Value card will be discontinued at the end of this year. (That was stated when the "Swipe&Save" card was first brought out)
The RV Real Value card did allow pump start in the truck lanes, - still had to pay inside-- but again this feature may be discontinued because of drive-offs, supposedly by trucks using the RV card????

Here's the latest info on both Swipe&Save (no truck pump start) and the "Plus" credit card. RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2 Ways to Save on Fuel at Pilot Flying J

Another change, the discount -RV Value- used to be off the cash price even if you used a card, now -Swipe&Save-it is off the cash or the credit price depending on which you use.

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote