Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #1

Pismo Beach recommendations

Thinking about Going to Pismo Beach this week for a few days. Any recommendations on parks to stay at and things to see . 35ft DP
Lakemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I start here. RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #3

Depends on what you want. If you want full hookups, try Pismo Coast Village. It is a nice park but has share holders so they get the better sites. It just depends on how booked they are but all of the sites are fairly nice, some are tight. The back row along the fence are less preferred by most. I think they are right around $60 a night.

Right next door is the North Beach State CG. It has no hookups, but nice big sites with plenty of room in between. They are $25 a night, first come first serve during the winter months. They have sites that will accommodate 40 footers even though they say the max is 35 feet. The rangers don't care as long as your MH and toad if you have one, fit completely in the site.

Both CG's are right on the beach, with a grove of trees between you and the beach. Both have access trails to the water, and it is less than a 5 minute easy walk. Once on the water you can walk along the shore for miles. Also both are about a 10 minute walk into the Pismo Beach Pier area, where there are several good restaurants and some shops. If you have a toad, it is an easy drive into Avila Beach, San Luis Obispo,Cambria and other nice places to visit.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #4

I like the KOA at Avila Beach it's not on the shore.
We take our dogs to the beach up the coast a mile or so.
Best dog beach in California.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:46 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In another life I started my commercial fishing career in Port San Luis at Avila Beach. Might make it back there this spring myself.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info. Looking forward to our first trip there !!
Old 12-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
If you like clam chowda, you need to go to Splash. It is down by the pier, on the corner and you can't miss it
Old 12-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Fires to south may affect availability

I live locally to Pismo Beach... You may find it crowded during this otherwise fairly quiet period.
With the wildfires in Ventura and surrounding areas, many people from the Southland have come up this direction to get a break from the smoke & flames.
I know that PCV (Pismo Coast Village) is (was) providing free accommodations for RVers from the affected areas, local motels are also offering discounted rates.
DFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:24 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Second the Splash Cafe, excellent chowder. If you go into SLO YOI HAVE TO EAT AT Firestone’s.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #10

Thanks for the heads up !! Wife and I were discussing possibility that fire might be an issue. I think we will wait to make sure there is plenty of availability for those in the area that need a place to stay. We just went thru the fires here in Nor Cal and our prayers are with everyone down south.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 PM   #11

I have a friend at Pismo Coast Village right now. He reported today that they have 66 free spots filled with evacuees. The smoke rolled in today.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:56 PM   #12

Pismo Coast Village for full hook up and really nice and clean. Kool Kat in town has great fish and chowder! No waiting to get in usually.

State park next door for about $25 and no hook ups. I was there a few weeks ago. Lots of room at each site. Easy walk to beach in 2 min.

I must say that PCV is really tight like sardines, and can be smokey at night because many people burn camp fires and it will drift into your rig.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:26 AM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help with the question but wanted to say hello. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote