Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #29

The end of pin has a groove near inner end that might push back into place but dont want to chance pushing it closed to see if it would go back into place and then not be able to open it again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #30

In the future, never leave the black tank dump valve in the open position. It needs to be closed 'till the tank is about 3/4 full so that the enzymes in the tank can properly break down the waste (don't use a formaldehyde based odor solution in the tank). After you dump the black tank and close the valve again, then dump the gray tank (preferable after a shower so that there is hot soapy water in the tank). The gray tank water will help clean out the dump hose.

The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #31
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It's good to see your on the way to a fairly simple and inexpensive solution.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSasser View Post
The end of pin has a groove near inner end that might push back into place but dont want to chance pushing it closed to see if it would go back into place and then not be able to open it again.
That groove was probably for a spring clip which has somehow broken off. Perhaps you pulled the rod out too far, or it just broke off. I believe the only fix is to replace the valve, which is fairly simple.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSasser View Post
I am new to the RV life and I am currently living in my 84 pace arrow(that does not run). Have been living here about 2 weeks and now my black tank will NOT drain and is backed up into the toilet. I have NO idea what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and yes we had the valve open, didn't know otherwise until today. TIA
DawnSasser
If you where living with the black tank dump valve open you are the cause of the backup.

One golden rule is to never leave the black tank valve open at a campground.

Another golden rule for RV holding tanks is to never dump the black water tank until it is at least two thirds full...(you want the tank nearly full so the weight and the gravity will force the contents of the tank to drain properly).
Old 09-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Go buy one of these, helped me out.
https://images5.campingworld.com/Cam.../14496nnew.jpg
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:53 PM   #35

If the valve is open and the liquid is up in the toilet then you will need to snake it with the valve open, keeping plenty of water in the tank to flush the tank once you get a path through the poo. Perhaps one of these or something similar will help.

Valterra: RV Hydroflush Archives - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

SKU: F02-4100, RV Hydroflush 45, RV Hydroflush 90, SKU: F02-4110

This would allow you to keep your black tank hose connected, then uncap and drill out or what ever it takes to open up the clean-out port and run a plumbers snake through it and into the black tank. An electricians conduit fish tape may work also. Or you may be able to snake from the top, through the toilet. In which case you would cap the clean-out port mentioned above. It will not be pleasant. And I'm sure most RV techs will be too busy for the job, even if they have nothing to do. I assume you have "T" paper in there too, which adds to the issue.

Good Luck!!