Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #1

Question Plz help!!

Hello, my name is Jacob and I am fairly new to the RV community/scene. I bought my first RV back in February 2011 and have almost traveled the whole country sense. I originally was looking at something cheaper such as a class C or class B motorhome, then I saw a 2003 Damond ultra sport, which is of course a class a diesel pusher. It was considerably more expensive than what I was looking at but after seeing this nothing else seemed desirable to me anymore. So I bought it and pretty much have been traveling the country ever since. My fiancée and I are now trying to settle down and start a business and the last thing we need is this Nice motorhome to be wasting away in some storage lot.So I am thinking about taking it to a dealership to sell, but I am very scared of getting taken advantage of seeing as how I know so little about RVs. I have done some research of my own but I think I could really use a secondhand opinion as far as the pricing is concerned.I am also confused on the pricing because some of my research tells me it is worth 45,000 and other research tells me it is worth closer to 100,000.If somebody could help me out with my pricing issue that would be super appreciated, And I could also really use some advice on how to deal with these RV dealers. Thank you for taking the time to read through my issues

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jacob! Welcome to IRV2! Sure glad to have you with us! Sorry that you won't be able to keep the Class A busy, but maybe down the road after you get your business going you can get something else. I would suggest that you look at NADA.Com and use that as a starting point. I'm not familar with your coach so can't be of any help. Good luck & God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Jacob! Welcome to IRV2! Sure glad to have you with us! Sorry that you won't be able to keep the Class A busy, but maybe down the road after you get your business going you can get something else. I would suggest that you look at NADA.Com and use that as a starting point. I'm not familar with your coach so can't be of any help. Good luck & God bless!
X2. Welcome to the group.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
First,

Second, you might check out PPL Motorhomes to see if they list any comparable sales. PPL is a huge consignment dealer here in the Houston area that handles consignment sales for owners like yourself. If you do a search there, though, please be aware that they'll be listed with the manufacturer as Damon, not Damond as you wrote in your original post.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

Lots of good advice here, you can prepare a list of the options you have, maybe you still have the original build/order/invoice somewhere in the paperwork?

That would help you get started, then go as others have posted to NADA, call a couple of RV finance companies or banks. Ask them what the loan value is. That will also get a good sense of pricing as well. Most financing is loan value of 80-90% of NADA retail, I think.....not sure on that, but you can verify that information when you speak with a financial institution that deals with RV loans/sales.

Good luck!

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
First,

Second, you might check out PPL Motorhomes to see if they list any comparable sales. PPL is a huge consignment dealer here in the Houston area that handles consignment sales for owners like yourself. If you do a search there, though, please be aware that they'll be listed with the manufacturer as Damon, not Damond as you wrote in your original post.

Rusty
X2 on the PPL. I haven't used them but had been intending to before the trailer sold (privately). One thing about PPL is they're big and in a southern market (read: buyers coming in the door). Another thing is that they do not sell new... so the buyers coming in the door to see your coach cannot be lead over to the shiny, new coaches.

I noticed that asking prices on the PPL site were (what I thought) low. I'm guessing they price appropriately to make it sell... not blow smoke up your dress with big numbers up front just to beat you down later. As it turns out, I ended up selling my trailer (privately) for bout the same as they would have sold it for. The only thing I saved was a 10% commission but I also took about 7 weeks to sell it and had expenses for that period of time.

Hope this helps.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #7

Wow, thank everybody for being so friendly and helpfull. Thanks mshappy, I gave that NADA a shot, which was pretty easy because I literally have ever paper it was sold with, and they quoted me (with my coach almost being fully loaded with the bells and whistles) between 45 and 85 large depending on the condition. When I heard that I was suprised and slightly frustrated at the huge differance in numbers. I would have to think that mine would be on the higher end because it's still very nice. Thank everyone for telling me about PPL, I have never heard of them and am sure to check it out. And to lincoln, that is great advice, thank you. The more I clean everything out of here the less I want to sell it :/
Thank you everyone for the helpful and friendly replies.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Let me add to the welcome - welcome aboard.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Majestic,
Two other places to check for comparable sales:
www.rvtrader.com

The other is craigslist, if you can figure out how to search nationwide.

I don't believe NADA on these things - there just isn't enough data.

Consignment lots - well, they simply mark up your desired price and pocket the difference, typically... Nothing wrong with that as long as they're not talking you down on price.

It looks to me like you're looking at asking prices in the high 50k to low 80k range.
That's a pretty wide range and I didn't catch exact length and options.

Advice: If you've got tube TVs, replace them. It's cheap, easy, and makes an impression on buyers against units with tube tvs.

Here are a few that are listed currently +/- 1 year of yours:
2003 Damon Ultrasport, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Bradenton, Florida | RVT.com - 37735
2002 Damon Ultra Sport, Class A - Gas RV For Sale in , Arkansas | TraderNet | RVT.com - 111084
2002 Damon Ultrasport , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Tallahassee, Florida | RVT.com - 125252
2002 Damon Ultrasport 3677, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Mesa, Arizona | Robert Crist & Company | RVT.com - 58605
2003 Damon ultrasport, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Wildwood, Florida | RVT.com - 78281
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3876 , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Everett, Washington | RVT.com - 127734
2003 Damon UltraSport 38'
2003 Damon-Ultra Sport *LOW MILES AND PRICE* (20K MILES)
2003 Damon Ultra Sport Model 3679 with 24' Enclosed Trailer *MUST GO!*
2003 Damon Ultrasport Diesel
2003 Damon Ultrasport 39ft cat diesel pusher triple slide WILL TRADE -