Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
While washing the Coach this morning, my blue flex hose blew........they are nice and I like them, I bought a couple of Dura rib pocket hose's from my local True Value a couple weeks ago in anticipation of the blue one failing. I have, so far, had good luck with the newer models. They are not to be trusted though! Like for un-attended water supply!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
wow....read those reviews. 2.5 stars with 21 reviews. Sounds like there are 2 versions....one that leaks and one that will leak

Old 04-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to take a look at this one!

http://www.amazon.com/50ft-Extreme-X...se+pro+extreme

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Yep, mine lasted less than one season.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
41% of reviews gave that one 5 stars......the unfortunate part is 41% of reviews also gave it 1 star.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:19 AM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Zero-G does make a 25 foot RV hose

https://www.apexhose.com/zero-g-rv-marine-hose

If I could find one I might try it. My hoses are getting older and hard to store.
Old 05-01-2016, 10:31 AM   #21

Pocket hose

Presently use a black one. Not sure where it came from. Use it for windshield wash when traveling. Bought a flat wind up one from CW. Piece of ****, threw it away after 3 months. will have to look at stores for one that is for drinking. Woud be nice if a pocket could be used for that. Would worry about constant pressure tho!
Don't dream your life away, but live your dream
Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
Zero-G does make a 25 foot RV hose

If I could find one I might try it. My hoses are getting older and hard to store.
starting to get somewhere now. Although not considered a pocket type hose at least it's lighter than regular hoses. Amazon has a 50' garden version on there for $36 with pretty good reviews although didn't see any RV specific reviews for that one.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
starting to get somewhere now. Although not considered a pocket type hose at least it's lighter than regular hoses. Amazon has a 50' garden version on there for $36 with pretty good reviews although didn't see any RV specific reviews for that one.
Howdy!

This is the hose I purchased a Camping World. It is drinking water safe to use in RV use. I like it enough to I will buy another when I come across it. Not a small and compact as it other pocket hoses, but much more sturdy and easier to handle than the traditional water hose.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
Old 05-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #24

Thanks for all the info. Guess I'll stick with the heavy duty hose I've been using for the last five years. It's hard to roll up but isn't leaking.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry koenn View Post
Thanks for all the info. Guess I'll stick with the heavy duty hose I've been using for the last five years. It's hard to roll up but isn't leaking.
so far that's been where I've landed too after researching different hoses. That Zero-G has some potential and I may end up giving that one a try although my main reason is space and not necessarily weight. I don't mind rolling up 100' of hose.....it's the storing 100' of hose I don't care for. I also have 100' of 10 gauge power cable I have to wind up and store also. All that stuff takes up a chunk of room.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
My DW buys one every year to use to water plants on the front porch of our stick and brick house. Every year she hooks the new one up and then starts with the "oohs" and the "aahs" over convenient it is since it's light and takes up so little space. Within a couple of weeks it's leaking like a colander ... within in month, it gets replaced with one of the real hoses we've had around the house for years. It's one of the things I'm first to point at when I'm on a "we've got to be smarter about how we spend money" rant. Far as I'm concerned the pocket hose is little more than a prime example of PT Barnum's adage about fools and money.

SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote