Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2007, 05:17 AM   #15
paz

I'm surprised nobody mentioned leaving things behind. I've left so many things behind I can hardly count them. I use rkerber's idea of the clothes pins and I now have a whole row of them on the steering wheel. Even at that, I still managed to leave something behind 3 stops ago. I now have a check list in addition to the clothes pins.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:29 AM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Soooo....if I leave my wife behind somewhere, I can justify it by quoting Progressive's Survey and not be held accountable?
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #17

Mid Atlantic Campers
Brother it doesn't pay to leave the wives behind. They always find their way home, and then the fun begins, oh brother!

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:32 PM   #18

My most recent oops--forgetting to release the handbrake on the toad. Hmmm, I thought the MH had more power than this. And what are those two black streaks in the grass behing me?

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 AM   #19

Found out two ways to drop a fifth wheel.
1. My first hook up: Backed in, lever slamed shut and off I went down the Interstate for 65 miles. Got off ramp, stopped at stop light, took off and fifth wheel stayed. Took out my tail gate and both sides of the truck. The lever had closed on top of the slide.
2. After having truck fixed, went on trip. The campground owner came over and was talking to me as I was unhooking. Since it was close to dark, I felt I needed to do something. Well I pulled the pin (wheels not chocked) and yes, the fifth wheel rolled back taking out my tailgate and smacking the two sides again.
3. Fixed the problem. Bought a new RV.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Now, I've done some real bone head things over the years, but the biggest one was when we had a 24 foot fleetwood travel trailer. We were breaking camp in Louisiana and it was raining buckets. I got out of my routine and only cranked up three of the four jacks. I drove off and put a gauge in the campgrounds gravel roadway about 100 yards long. I was wondering why other campers were waving frantically at me. Needless to say, that jack looked like a pretzel and we only had three for the remainder of the trip. We were only two days out from a month long vacation. I thought that this was a preview of coming attractions, but it was the only real idiotic thing I did during the trip.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #21

Back in my old pickup camper days I tried going through a bank drive-in teller. Needless to say it only went so far until the air conditioning unit came in contact with the overhead.

Doug
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #22

A couple of responses back I told of my fiver instances. Well, I just remembered my RV deal two weeks ago.
Needed to fill my propane. Drove the ten miles and walked to the back of the RV while waiting on getting gas.
My Blue Ox Aventa II was not in the locked position and I had drug it down the highway 10 miles! Wore about 1" off both arms.
My new Aladin is due to be delivered today.
All Aluminum!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:53 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My first major bone head event was on our maiden voyage from the factor to our house. We had driven through ice, snow, wind, subfreezing temperatures, terrible road conditions..etc.

we arrived at the house 2 and a half exhausting days later. We got to the house well after dark. I had DW open the garage and take out my car since I knew it was going to be difficult to get it out with the MH in the driveway. She parked it on the street well behind the MH as I waited in the street. Once she parked it she took up her post on the passenger side as I wanted to be sure I would clear the neighbor's car which was parked across the street from my dirveway.

I made a run for the driveway (90 degree turn from a narrow street)but turned too late to make it in the driveway. I backed up to get a fresh run at it when I heard and felt the sickening crunch of fiberglass hitting steel. I mangaged to cave in the driver side car door.

I eventually got a low light rearview camera installed to see what was behind me.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #24

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
SteveR , them rear view camera are a blessing.
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #25

I wouldn't call his name (ahemmm ), but someone's wife ( ) allowed him to tow his popup about 75 miles once from home to Gatlinburg CG with the front wheel dolly down..

Don't know how he made it until he pulled into the CG and the wheel drug.

That's terrible that a wife would "allow" someone to do that.......!
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #26

Mid Atlantic Campers
Parking next to a bone head

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #27

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChiefJohn:
I knew someone that not only left the black tank flush on once, but twice--with the drain closed! Needless to say, they had one helluva mess all over their 5th wheel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My cousin did that to his new MH the first time out. Hooked up the water hose to the tank flush instead of city water inlet, then drove away in towed. When he returned water was running out of the coach, even though an alert neighbor shut off the water hydrant.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Keep the confessions coming!!!!I am just starting out full time. I can't wait until my first goof or making the first mistake in my life. LOL Maverik

05 Excel CLO36
maverik/gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote