Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #29
National RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I'm like you. I have no tact.
I have been known to chase them down and suggest they go back and pick up the present thier dog left for them.
I have also been known to pick it up with a baggie and giving it to the park host. showing them where the doggy owner lives.
I don't keep to many friends.

Agree 100%, we always pick up after our Dogs.

Pilot: Tom & Co-Pilot Janet
Pets: Max & Gabby Mini Australian Shepherds
2006 Sea Breeze1350, GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #30
Dog piss will eat the clear coat and turn chrome to rust.

I yelled at someone once that let their dog pee on my wheels and they gave me the finger. I later, after consuming plenty of liquids returned the gesture on her wheels.

BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #31

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Doghauler View Post
As always some spoil it for all. You are doing the right thing in letting the oblivious dog owner know their obligation, to clean up after their pet. I don't like the idea of my dogs much less myself walking through another's poop. But like everything in life there is always someone who thinks they don't need heed the rules that almost every town has in place when it comes to walking your pet. We bought our RV because of our dogs, and we certainly don't want to be turned away because others ruin it for us. Keep telling them what should be expected, please pick up after your pet! Thanks!
AMEN Doghauler! Me too, all the way!
Kent - '03 Fleetwood Storm Ford F-53 V-10
With Susie (Lhasa); Angie (Shorkie) Ferbie (ShihTzu)
In Memoriam: Katie, Spencer and Zoey
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #32
National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have two 25 lb. dogs. I TRY to always pick up after them (I carry a bag holder on each leash) but on occasion while picking up after one dog the other will do their duty without my knowledge. I have also had occasion to know my dog "assumed the position" but I was unable to see any deposits. I apologize if anyone has found anything left by my dogs, but I do try to always pick up after them. I have also picked up poop left by other dogs in my area just to make sure that my dogs are not blamed.
I would not mind if someone nicely pointed out anything that I might have missed but I would be offended if someone rudely told me to pick up after my dog, especially when I always try to pick it up if I see it.
My friends know that I always have bags available and I have a small trash can outside my rig just for dog poop bags. They know they are welcome to use it as I would rather have it picked up than to step in it too.
Barbara Spade
Jaymie (Sheltie/Pom) and Luke (Sheltie/mix)
35' Sea View (Class A) MH & Honda CR-V toad.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #33

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
Had a problem with the neighbors in a CG last year! The solution was easy

Placed a small sign in front of my MH.

The neighbors abruptly moved and the problem went with them
You ought to sell those signs.
Mark & Carole RVM54
What a long strange trip it's been
2002 Fourwinds 5000 26Q 496 ci. Chevy towing 2004 Jeep Wrangler,2016 Starcraft AR One 18', 2016 F-150
Campingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
One more pet peeve, I hate those extended reel type leashes and think they should be banned.

I would like someone tell me how that dog owners think that a reel leash that lets their dog out 15 or 20 feet meets the 6 foot leash rule?. most owners just let their dogs run to the end of the leash which is "not" 6 feet. 6 feet is 6 feet......................
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We have two medium sized dogs and are obsessive about picking up after them. Both of their leashes have the little fire hydrant plastic containers with "bags on board" rolls of poop bags attached. This way it is unlikely both will run out at the same time. We have a neighbor at the CG we winter at that uses grocery bags but seems to run out a lot. We are not sure if this is on purpose or not. We do like the fact that anyone that knows us at the sticks and bricks or any CG we frequent knows if they step in it, it was not from one of our dogs.

As far as confronting strangers that don't pick up DW is more likely to speak up than I am. The inconsiderate people that do that might pick it up that time but any time no one sees them they will leave it so why waste (ha waste=pun) your breath. Most decent parks if you mention nicely who and where to the management they will have a talk with the dog owner and with the threat of getting the bums rush will take care of business.

So here is an issue we have along these lines at our stick home. The neighbor across street has four cats. They routinely urinate and defecate on not only our property but most of the other adjoining homes. I will second how nice it is to have animal urine pooled in the bazillion dollar dually rims. It looks real nice on the aluminum rims on my Escalade too! It was very appetizing to find their cat had sprayed the cover on our BBQ grill. So we walked over one day and nicely asked if they could keep their cats off our property. Response was "there is no lease law for cats" and get this "if you didn't like cats in your yard you shouldn't have moved here". The second one had me speechless. So DW after this went on another year + got online and discovered there are town laws governing domestic animals, describes as dogs and cats. We asked other neighbors their thoughts, got a letter to the town going with signatures from almost everyone on our block and turned it in to the town. The town sent them a letter to inform them that there were complaints and tried to call them. Funny they didn't answer even though we almost never see both of them gone. No return call from the VM left. The town did say that we can file a complaint and they (and the complainant) will have to go to court. Cool except we will be gone to Florida till spring so hopefully they will keep their kitties home and it won't go that far or we will have to hand off the ball to our other neighbors.

A couple of disclaimers. We had a cat that died a few years ago. She loved me like you can't believe and would follow me all around the house. Not outside though because we did not let her run loose. Sure it is tempting to just shoot one but we figure it is not the animals fault. The owner would be a different story if there only was an open season on stupid
P.S. Sorry for the rant
Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #36
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
this is about inconsiderate folks. my co-worker pulled into a mall shopping lot and was in the process of getting out of his car when a bunch of rowdy kids parked a few spots over. they were smoking and drinking (all legal stuff) and generally making a loud nuisance of themselves. he went into the mall and did some shopping. when he came out, he found that they had thrown one of their large cups of soda all over his car. the cup, which he had seen as he left his car, was even sitting on top of his car! well, he had just come from the sporting goods store in the mall. with a two-part kit of skunk scent. so... he squirted a bit from each vial down into the window recess of the driver's door. and they mixed. WHOOOOWEEEEE! what a stink! so, off he went.

a few months later he saw the same car in the same parking lot. it still stank! (stunk?)

paybacks is a b!tch.
1999 Winnebago Minnie 29', Ford V10, Close to stock.
W4MBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #37
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
One more pet peeve, I hate those extended reel type leashes and think they should be banned.

I would like someone tell me how that dog owners think that a reel leash that lets their dog out 15 or 20 feet meets the 6 foot leash rule?. most owners just let their dogs run to the end of the leash which is "not" 6 feet. 6 feet is 6 feet......................
I have to add to this post because every time i complain about the reel type leashes I get the same argument; witch is (I can reel my dog in anytime I want to); sorry but that just does not fly, and heres why; and I'll try to explain it as simple as I can.
Your going through a school zone, your traveling 50 MPH, your stopped by a policeman and he issues you a ticket for going 50 in a 15 MPH zone, you go to traffic court and tell the judge, yes I was going 50 MPH but I can put on my breaks any time and slow down to 15 MPH, judge gives you a $150 fine; do you know why????????

The owners of male dogs know that the dogs will mark every tree,, bush, tire post, and anything they get close to, when they are on a reel type leesh they mark everything in sight.
I don't dislike dogs-----only dog owners that let their dogs loose on a reel type leash.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #38
Do what I did one time, pick it up and go put it on the owners step.
"A bad day camping is better than a good day of work"
tvman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have your dog on a reel-type leash, I firmly believe the dog is taking YOU for a walk.

My own prejudices are showing, but these owners only control their dogs because they (believe) they can overpower the dog's strength. This may be true of teeny tiny yappers, but these owners are the same ones you see leaning back with arm outstretched and the (medium size) dog straining ahead, head down and the leash taut. The owner is NOT in control.

Any dog is capable of being taught to walk happily at heel, content to be with his pack leader and not make a misery and a trial out of walking time.

I just get the sneaking suspicion that these reel-leash types not only don't discipline the dog on walks, but fail to discipline the dog in any way. Maybe can't, maybe won't.

I have no confidence that these owners can keep Fifi's teeth out of my calf, or keep Fifi from dashing under the wheels of my car.

Now, flame away.

Full disclosure; currently full-timing with a 130# 2 y/o female St. Bernard. No un-picked-up poop, no reel-type leash
Life rocks when your house rolls
Senior Chief
& the Cheese Queen

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #40
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by Donr827 View Post
I have been know to pick it up and deposit it by the owners rv door.
I find it much more effective to place it on the step of their RV, in the middle of the night, WITHOUT A BAG.....

The people who don't pick up after their dogs are the first ones to ask management why they don't allow dogs in their park. Duh
Jim and Sally & Rufus the Lakeland Terrier
2001, 40' Country Coach Affinity, towing a 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Carson City,NV, Surprise,AZ, Florence,OR
big jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:15 PM   #41
Until 3 weeks ago I did not have a dog now I have a pup. Not only do I pick up after him camping but after every BM in my yard. We have several dog walkers were I live and a few people got on to them for letting their dogs poop in their yard. I have seen people camping walking a huge dog, they make a pile. The world is full of rude people it doesn't matter if it is dogs,fires,noise,sewage leaking.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, I use the reel type leash, and my dog weighs 70 pounds. Whenever we leave the MH she has a training collar on. It has prongs. It acts like mommy's teeth. Now, I have the option of letting her roam, or keeping her in the heel position. When she heels, the leash is reeled in, locked and a loop is formed without strain because she is in the heel position. I typically put her in the position when approaching people or other animals. She will look at them as we pass but will maintain the heel position. Any distraction and a slight jerk on the leash keeps her in check. When we stop to talk to people I put her either in the sitting position or the down position where she is laying at my feet. When we walk in the field area I give her the command "Free" and she knows she can wonder around.

So say what you want about long leashes, but remember that it is the handler that is in command, not the dog, and it is not the dog's fault.

If you dog is not trained, spend the $500 and send it to school. It is well worth the reward. (not a doggy cookie)

Wayne MSGT USMC (Ret) & Earlene (CinCHouse)
2008 Winnebago Destination 39W
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote