Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv'n View Post
What you should do is mace the owner and have him fixed so he cannot reproduce and have more like him. The dog is only doing what the owner lets him/her do.
Now that's funny, and true.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #58
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
NO! Not the beer can! I'd probably leave my watch instead.

Rick
I did empt the can before marking the spot. I had to do something while she finished her duty.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #59

Fleetwood Owners Club
One time only, I walked over to where a departing doggie did his drop and yelled to the owner, "hey, you must be out of bags. Do you mind if I pick this up for you?" He totally turned his back and walked away. Now, if I see a dog taking care of business, I asked the owner if he needs a bag. I keep them in my pocket since we have a dog. I don't give them a chance to say "no" or walk away. I hand it to them unless they beat me to it and tell me they've got it.
So many wonderful people RV, I don't get why they would like to walk among stuff, if you get my drift.
Fencebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #60

Tiffin Owners Club
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara S. View Post
I have two 25 lb. dogs. I TRY to always pick up after them (I carry a bag holder on each leash) but on occasion while picking up after one dog the other will do their duty without my knowledge. I have also had occasion to know my dog "assumed the position" but I was unable to see any deposits. I apologize if anyone has found anything left by my dogs, but I do try to always pick up after them. I have also picked up poop left by other dogs in my area just to make sure that my dogs are not blamed.
I would not mind if someone nicely pointed out anything that I might have missed but I would be offended if someone rudely told me to pick up after my dog, especially when I always try to pick it up if I see it.
My friends know that I always have bags available and I have a small trash can outside my rig just for dog poop bags. They know they are welcome to use it as I would rather have it picked up than to step in it too.
I try to keep up with the poop when I had two dogs sometimes I had the same situation happen. I also picked up after other people's pets just so I wouldn't be blamed for not picking up. I have also had people drive by with their dogs in their truck barking their heads off at my dog who of course barks back then the driver yells at me for not controlling my dog! What an ass! I had one drive by like he was stalking me on his golf cart with his barking dog almost every day. He didn't live at the park but visited a couple of times a day with his barking dog on his golf cart that drove my dog to react he just grinned and drove around without a care.
Once my old girl passes on I don't think I'll get another dog
Old 10-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #61

Before we moved into a permanant campground where everyone seems to have respect for one another I found the most effective way to deal with it was mere observation. I'd observe where the b@#$!#d was camping and the following morning I'd take my 120lb lab for his morning "do walk" and repay the favor on their campsite.
Two wrongs may not make a right, but it was always quite comical to watch the owner pour out of their camper and see what a real pile of s@#t looks like.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh My :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr25 View Post
Before we moved into a permanant campground where everyone seems to have respect for one another I found the most effective way to deal with it was mere observation. I'd observe where the b@#$!#d was camping and the following morning I'd take my 120lb lab for his morning "do walk" and repay the favor on their campsite.
Two wrongs may not make a right, but it was always quite comical to watch the owner pour out of their camper and see what a real pile of s@#t looks like.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4MBG View Post
this is about inconsiderate folks. my co-worker pulled into a mall shopping lot and was in the process of getting out of his car when a bunch of rowdy kids parked a few spots over. they were smoking and drinking (all legal stuff) and generally making a loud nuisance of themselves. he went into the mall and did some shopping. when he came out, he found that they had thrown one of their large cups of soda all over his car. the cup, which he had seen as he left his car, was even sitting on top of his car! well, he had just come from the sporting goods store in the mall. with a two-part kit of skunk scent. so... he squirted a bit from each vial down into the window recess of the driver's door. and they mixed. WHOOOOWEEEEE! what a stink! so, off he went.
a few months later he saw the same car in the same parking lot. it still stank! (stunk?)
paybacks is a b!tch.
I want some of this stuff !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rv'n View Post
What you should do is mace the owner and have him fixed so he cannot reproduce and have more like him. The dog is only doing what the owner lets him/her do.

There are a lot of people in the Endurance world that this would work on.

My wife and I go to Endurance Rides (with Horses).....one thing that errks me is these idiot people that let their %^&$*#@ dogs run loose.....the dogs do their stuff all over the place....it's not so bad that a horse does it but it really sucks that they let their dogs do what ever they want.
We were at an Endurance Ride out in a field that cattle normally graze, no problem with the horses leaving road apples around and it wasn't to bad with the dogs, but there was an idiot that dumped his black tank in the field. Now he really needs to be maced and neutered I wonder how he would feel if we went to his house and let our dogs leave their calling cards in his driveway.
If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM   #64

Gulf Streamers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our dog has a habit of backing up into a bush or brush when he squats, would you go in after it or not?? I catch poison ivy on a dime so I will not take a chance. I pick up any other time.
RayandPamT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #65

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayandPamT View Post
Our dog has a habit of backing up into a bush or brush when he squats, would you go in after it or not?? I catch poison ivy on a dime so I will not take a chance. I pick up any other time.
The friends' lab mix I walk when I visit them does the same thing. So far, I've been able to pull him away from the bush fast enough.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #66
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
If you can train them to back up to the toilet then you have made progress.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Beer Cans & Chopsticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
...Marked it with a beer can and returned promptly to retrieve the sculpture.

A great trick, if you eat Asian food and can handle those chopsticks: when a bag isn't handy, find two pencil-sized twigs and carry it away. I'll take the stuff far away from the nearest site and toss poop & utensils into the brush.

[Disclaimer: Large dog owners, use larger sticks and check with your doctor to make sure your wrists are up to the task.]
Old 10-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #68

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Our throw away dog "Buddy" (we rescued him before they put him down) he does the same thing just like some one trained him to do that.!

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #69

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My dog, my site. That's my rule with the dogs; We don't leave the site until they've done their business, and I clean up after them.
Not to sound crass, but that also allows me to expect others to do the same with their own dogs, and I can kindly tell them to keep their poop to themselves, lol...
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #70

Fleetwood Owners Club
We travel with our animals and ALWAYS clean up the gifts they make. To many irresponsible owners neglect this simple task and are one of main reasons so many CGs dont allow pets. I have told more than one to clean up after their pet, pissed them off but I really dont care. Be respectful of others always.