Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #71
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This last weekend we took our daughter to Yogi Bear at Naturale Bridge VA for Halloween and some trick or treating. The campers next to us let their dogs (several) roan free and did not even watch them. Sites U105 and U103 in case you are on the forum. Site U103 had a older beautiful golden. Unfortunately the golden decided she wanted to jump into our camper. I said something but the wife thought I was a bit rude when I pointed it out. Next morning we had a present in the middle of our campsite. DW picked it up and would not let me deliver it. She said we did not see the dog do it but no other dogs were in our site. Well I guess they were bettmthan the rest of us with their more elaborate Motor Homes.

Our Lab never went out without a leash even when the other was chasing her. I guess we mist be trailer trash and responsible for picking up after their dogs. Never did see then with any poop bags.

As my wife put it it... It is like change someone elses childs diapers. Ok enough of my ranting. It just proved that there are some inconsiderate @$$#€[3$

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
This last weekend we took our daughter to Yogi Bear at Naturale Bridge VA for Halloween and some trick or treating. The campers next to us let their dogs (several) roan free and did not even watch them. Sites U105 and U103 in case you are on the forum. Site U103 had a older beautiful golden. Unfortunately the golden decided she wanted to jump into our camper. I said something but the wife thought I was a bit rude when I pointed it out. Next morning we had a present in the middle of our campsite. DW picked it up and would not let me deliver it. She said we did not see the dog do it but no other dogs were in our site. Well I guess they were bettmthan the rest of us with their more elaborate Motor Homes.

Our Lab never went out without a leash even when the other was chasing her. I guess we mist be trailer trash and responsible for picking up after their dogs. Never did see then with any poop bags.

As my wife put it it... It is like change someone elses childs diapers. Ok enough of my ranting. It just proved that there are some inconsiderate @$$#Ä[3$
There sure are some folks out there that make you wonder about what makes them the way they are but, in my experience, they don't all drive "elaborate motor homes".

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:27 PM   #73
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
There sure are some folks out there that make you wonder about what makes them the way they are but, in my experience, they don't all drive "elaborate motor homes".

Rick
True. It was just a dig because they made a few comment to insinuate we should be careful not to scratch their coach. We made it a point to not even get close to their side of our site.

I did not intend to lump everyone into the same category. I just don't look down at others and don't like to be around others who feel superior. I have met many more decent campers than the likes of these.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
True. It was just a dig because they made a few comment to insinuate we should be careful not to scratch their coach. We made it a point to not even get close to their side of our site.
:

What a bucket full of attitude! Acting like that, they'll be lucky if their rig doesn't somehow get a "key scratch" along all 42 feet some day while they are away. Karma is a .... well... we all know what Karma is.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #75

I always love these dog threads.....keeping in mind we have four rescued dogs that are habitually picked up after. What I find humorous is all you "macho" guys and gals that are going to beat, mace, kick the poor dog into submission and or(as the last post indicates) key an RV...so take THAT!! you inconsiderate dog owner. The Funny part is I actually believe some here are pathetic enough to follow through on some of the above. I guess to each his own on how you handle certain situations in life but IMHO, if a dog/cat happened to pee on my wheels, Id simply wash it off...if a dog pooped, Id simply pick it up and toss it away. Would I say something to the owner...Sure, but it wouldnt turn into a battle of Wits or Ill leave you a bigger "present" later on your door steps. Geezzz
Old 11-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #76

Gotta love all the responsible dog owners, their puppy eats 75#s a week but must have been surgically altered cuz they never poop.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
POOP POLICE ? I just returned from camping at Refugio State Beach in California. We only use the Motorhome toilet and never use the campground bathrooms. I had just packed up to leave and needed to GO so I walked over to the Public Bathroom WOW ! The campers must have turned human pooping into an Olympic event ! The inside of the bathroom was covered with poop ! I was truly impressed with the loft that some were able to achieve. If that how they deal with it themselves, it's no wonder they don't pick up after their own dog.
As an aside, if somehow I missed picking up after my dog and got keyed and I figured out who did it ? Oh my...
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #78

I don't have a dog, but I personally always pick up after myself. They STILL look at me funny though.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #79

I poop.
You pick it up.
Any questions?

-The Dog
Old 11-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #80
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
If aliens landed and saw humans picking up after their dog.........which one would they try to communicate with, the dog or the human.

The last time I posted this, someone wanted to know what campground I was in where anyone picked up after their dog.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #81

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 110 lb Chocolate Lab. He is sometimes a 3 bagger
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #82

Last winter we watched senior aerobics being performed in Texas: Walk the dog--bend over--pick up the poop---walk the dog--bend over--pick up the poop.
Seems to be a fairly popular exercise in most of the campgrounds we were in.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #83

Fact:

You will "NEVER" find a dog owner that says he doesn;t pick up the poop.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvonnar View Post
Fact:

You will "NEVER" find a dog owner that says he doesn;t pick up the poop.

Well now......
Thats an interesting statement...............

If I am out in the middle of the forrest (off roading in the Jeep)........nothing around for miles...

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote