Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoneman View Post
I looked at our route and I found a few places along the way that have dump stations including Flying V.. I also live about 3 miles from a campground. They charge 40 bucks for dump only... I think that might be a tad high... and if you are staying at the camp ground it is $30.00
Crazy - are you sure you heard them right?

steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
You may or may not have a backflush. Someone with your model can chime in. There is an adapter that you can get at some Super Walmarts, and at camping world or other RV stores. It snaps on to the sewer hose and a water hose attaches to it. It will flush out the sewer hose. That is the reason to dump the black first, then the gray. it is to let the soapy gray water clean out the hose so let the gray build up a day before. With 6 people taking showers (I hope ya'll take showers) the gray will build up pretty fast.

Speaking of taking showers, make sure you tell everyone to set down, turn the water off, lather up, turn the water on and rinse off and turn the water of and get out. Otherwise you will fill the gray faster than a place to find it an there is a hefty fine for dumping on the ground anywhere.

Being a band you may have some equipment. The tires are designed to carry a specific load weight. I don't know if the 6 are riding in the MH, but them plus equipment could put you over the weight limits for the design of the MH. Do some research. The main thing is to be able to reach you destination without mishap.

You have come to a good web site to ask questions, or click on the search feature of the web site and search for you keywords. I'll bet you'll find just about every question that has ever been asked, but don't hesitate to ask again. RV'ers are friendly and like to help newcomers.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
I got the info from a sanitation dump web site. So I called them and checked it out further. if you are a guest and you pump it yourself it is free.. If you have them do it it is 30.00. If you are a non guest it is $40.00. Normandy Camp Ground Foxboro, ma

Excuse me for butting in, and I may be wrong.... but I have read you use 2 terms here for this 40$ adventure.

A dump site is where you take a stinky slinky and attach it to your rig and open the 'gates' and allow the excrement to come out into a hole in the ground especially designed for that purpose.

When you say pump... it makes me think of a honey wagon or sewer truck that vacuums out your holding tank...and trucks it away to dump it in a sewer or septic tank underground someplace far away from where you are camping, a service provided by some places such as racetracks and such where there is no formal/legal dump site.
MartySQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Excuse me for butting in, and I may be wrong.... but I have read you use 2 terms here for this 40$ adventure.

A dump site is where you take a stinky slinky and attach it to your rig and open the 'gates' and allow the excrement to come out into a hole in the ground especially designed for that purpose.

When you say pump... it makes me think of a honey wagon or sewer truck that vacuums out your holding tank...and trucks it away to dump it in a sewer or septic tank underground someplace far away from where you are camping, a service provided by some places such as racetracks and such where there is no formal/legal dump site.
Sorry, I meant Dump not Pump.. I am a boater also and they pump boats. Yea and I did here them right. $40.00 for non guest..
Old 04-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Sorry, I meant Dump not Pump.. I am a boater also and they pump boats. Yea and I did here them right. $40.00 for non guest..
If you look at their web site under rates it states the charges for dumping. It is $40 to use the dump station for non guests.

Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
rf4

Winnebago Owners Club
see the link, your black tank is only 37 gal
2006 Fleetwood Jamboree - Class C | RVWeb.com
Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rf4 View Post
see the link, your black tank is only 37 gal
2006 Fleetwood Jamboree - Class C | RVWeb.com
thanks for this
Old 04-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Being a band you may have some equipment. The tires are designed to carry a specific load weight. I don't know if the 6 are riding in the MH, but them plus equipment could put you over the weight limits for the design of the MH. Do some research. The main thing is to be able to reach you destination without mishap.

You have come to a good web site to ask questions, or click on the search feature of the web site and search for you keywords. I'll bet you'll find just about every question that has ever been asked, but don't hesitate to ask again. RV'ers are friendly and like to help newcomers.
Ok, I am getting confused as heck trying to figure out the weight limits or how much weight I can bring. The calculations don't make sense to me. I must be missing something.. this shouldn't be rocket science..

Our Equipment weighs in at about 275 lbs. Each person weighs 240,230,170,180,125,130. clothing say 20lbs a piece.. Food about 25lbs..

about 1220 lbs

Water and waste gray/black dumpage 250 x 3 750

1220+750 = 1970 so would i be over loading?

no toad
Old 04-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bass one,

Look around the drivers side of the coach next to the seat and there should be a sticker with information on VIN, tire size, inflations, loads, etc. Or maybe the web site pointed out will have it.

Look at the tires that are on the MH. Don't assume they are factory, but if they are and have never been changed - it's time after 6 years. On the tire there will be a string of numbers beginning with DOT (for Department Of Transportation.) The last 4 numbers will be the week and and year that the tires were manufactured. Example: 3206 would be the 32nd week in 2006. Depending on manufacturer, tires have a "length of life" where they should be replaced.

On the tire there will be the inflation and max load that the tires can handle. A single tire and a dual tire load. You can calculate what the axle weight max should be by looking at that information. Best to use the manufactures data on GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) Seach on those for their definitions. Just "assuming" that you have a tire with a max load capacity of 3000 pounds at 90 psi (max) so across the front tire axle you would be able to safely support 6000 pounds. The duals may be rated at 2400 pounds, each, so the back would be able to support 9600 pounds. Your total weight distributed throughout the MH would be 15,600 pounds max. Remember that these are hypothetical figures and you need to know what your figures are, and you need to weigh the MH. It is best to weigh each corner of the RV separately. so you know what the heaviest point is, and then the air on each "axle" should be able to support the heavies corner weight across the axle. If you cannot weigh four corners, most truck stops have CAT scales and charge between $7-10 for a weighing.

Depending on the brand of tire, search for that brands name like this, "Michelin inflation chart" without the quotes. Or Goodyear, Toyo, etc. For Michelin the link is: Michelin Inflation Table Chart

No, it is not rocket sciences but it is difficult to understand when you have never had to do it before. Once you understand it, then of course it becomes less of a challenge.

Stay safe, happy trails.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Bass one,

Look around the drivers side of the coach next to the seat and there should be a sticker with information on VIN, tire size, inflations, loads, etc. Or maybe the web site pointed out will have it.

Look at the tires that are on the MH. Don't assume they are factory, but if they are and have never been changed - it's time after 6 years. On the tire there will be a string of numbers beginning with DOT (for Department Of Transportation.) The last 4 numbers will be the week and and year that the tires were manufactured. Example: 3206 would be the 32nd week in 2006. Depending on manufacturer, tires have a "length of life" where they should be replaced.

On the tire there will be the inflation and max load that the tires can handle. A single tire and a dual tire load. You can calculate what the axle weight max should be by looking at that information. Best to use the manufactures data on GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating) and GCWR (Gross Combined Weight Rating) Seach on those for their definitions. Just "assuming" that you have a tire with a max load capacity of 3000 pounds at 90 psi (max) so across the front tire axle you would be able to safely support 6000 pounds. The duals may be rated at 2400 pounds, each, so the back would be able to support 9600 pounds. Your total weight distributed throughout the MH would be 15,600 pounds max. Remember that these are hypothetical figures and you need to know what your figures are, and you need to weigh the MH. It is best to weigh each corner of the RV separately. so you know what the heaviest point is, and then the air on each "axle" should be able to support the heavies corner weight across the axle. If you cannot weigh four corners, most truck stops have CAT scales and charge between $7-10 for a weighing.

Depending on the brand of tire, search for that brands name like this, "Michelin inflation chart" without the quotes. Or Goodyear, Toyo, etc. For Michelin the link is: Michelin Inflation Table Chart

No, it is not rocket sciences but it is difficult to understand when you have never had to do it before. Once you understand it, then of course it becomes less of a challenge.

Stay safe, happy trails.
The tires are a month old.

Ok i am not trying to teater on the under/over max line.. I wouldn't think that 6 people and the rest of the stuff would not be over the weight limit. We normally do trips to our local gigs in and extended van. with six people all the equipment. so the only diffrence would be the clothes, water and food. The RV has rear dualys the van doesn't.. So what is a safe mid range weight limit for a 30ft rv.. 500lbs, 1500, 2000, 3000, etc..
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #25

Quote:
The tires are a month old.

Ok i am not trying to teater on the under/over max line.. I wouldn't think that 6 people and the rest of the stuff would not be over the weight limit. We normally do trips to our local gigs in and extended van. with six people all the equipment. so the only diffrence would be the clothes, water and food. The RV has rear dualys the van doesn't.. So what is a safe mid range weight limit for a 30ft rv.. 500lbs, 1500, 2000, 3000, etc..
Answering my self here.. I guess it can be... From reading it could be over on some RV as soon as you step foot in it....
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ah! You are becoming smarter, grasshopper!

Do you know the axle weights?

What is the manufacture on the tire, and what is the tire size?

I'll try to do some math. (Lets, see, if 2 +2 = 5, then 2 + 2 = 4 (a truism))
Old 04-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #27

The new name for your band is the 'Over-Loaded Black Handles'.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRR2EYW View Post
That is more than a tad high, it is outrageous. Flying J charges $5.00.
$10, Shawn,... unless your one of their 'special' people.
GWinger

Tags
tank