Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Poop tank Dump Stations

I am pretty new at the RVing stuff. My band and I will be going from Boston to Albany to Play a gig, Then the next morning we leave for buffalo. The first night we are plugging in at the club we are playing at. I think the next night we will be in Some ones drive way at a private home.. ( that detail hasn't been totally worked out yet. The next Morning we will head back to Boston..
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Jamboree 29v. There will be 6 people on board. I think the poop tank is 50 gals. But I am not sure.. So my question is from your experience how many times will we have to empty out and how do you go about finding Dump stations along the way..
__________________

__________________
bassoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 73
For dump stations, look here. RV Dump Stations, Sani Stations, Dump Points; a comprehensive Directory
# of times...depends on useage. Monitor the levels on the RV monitoring panel.
__________________

__________________
Flyboy757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
JayGee's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 338
A lot of truck stops will have dump stations for a fee. Or, you can spend a night at a campground and dump there. Sometimes you can pay a campground just to let you dump.
__________________
JayGee
Foothills of the Smokies
2005 Bounder 35E
JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
djbmsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Charlotte Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,806
Flying J stations have dump stations for a fee also many campgrounds have dump stations for a small fee
__________________
Don and Nancy
[2014 40QBH Phaeton, 2015 Buick Enclave, 2yr old sisters Sara n Kaycee, Havanese, Two Segways
djbmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbmsu View Post
Flying J stations have dump stations for a fee also many campgrounds have dump stations for a small fee
I looked at our route and I found a few places along the way that have dump stations including Flying V.. I also live about 3 miles from a campground. They charge 40 bucks for dump only... I think that might be a tad high... and if you are staying at the camp ground it is $30.00
__________________
bassoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
FRR2EYW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Front Royal, Va.
Posts: 391
That is more than a tad high, it is outrageous. Flying J charges $5.00.
__________________
Shawn M.
2011 Fleetwood Expedition
2014 Chevy Traverse
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
jfran304's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoneman View Post
I looked at our route and I found a few places along the way that have dump stations including Flying V.. I also live about 3 miles from a campground. They charge 40 bucks for dump only... I think that might be a tad high... and if you are staying at the camp ground it is $30.00
If you are paying to stay at the campground it should be free.

What's the name of the campground so we can avoid it?

Jon
__________________
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfran304 View Post
If you are paying to stay at the campground it should be free.

What's the name of the campground so we can avoid it?

Jon
I got the info from a sanitation dump web site. So I called them and checked it out further. if you are a guest and you pump it yourself it is free.. If you have them do it it is 30.00. If you are a non guest it is $40.00. Normandy Camp Ground Foxboro, ma
__________________
bassoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
There is a campground opposite the Turning Stone Casino, Verona exit off I-90.There is a Camping World store right off I-90 (NYS Thruway) on the west side of Syracuse,near the Fairgrounds. There's a Flying J near the Batavia exit between Rochester & Buffalo. All have dump stations (pay to dump).

Remember, Black tank 1st, Gray tank 2nd.
__________________
Monaco Knight 40 PLQ
Palm Trees all winter (Mims, Fl)
Big Mountains all summer (Paradise Valley, Mt)
Rear Vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 227
Also checkout the rest stops. Many states have a free dump station at the rest stop.
__________________
Poppy & Grammy
Drake the rescue Yellow Lab
2005 Providence 39L - 2009 Buick Enclave
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
jfran304's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 2,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoneman View Post
I got the info from a sanitation dump web site. So I called them and checked it out further. if you are a guest and you pump it yourself it is free.. If you have them do it it is 30.00. If you are a non guest it is $40.00. Normandy Camp Ground Foxboro, ma
Thanks. If you have a site with full hookups it is free.

Looks like a nice campground and very pet friendly.

Jon
__________________
Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rear Vue View Post
There is a campground opposite the Turning Stone Casino, Verona exit off I-90.There is a Camping World store right off I-90 (NYS Thruway) on the west side of Syracuse,near the Fairgrounds. There's a Flying J near the Batavia exit between Rochester & Buffalo. All have dump stations (pay to dump).

Remember, Black tank 1st, Gray tank 2nd.
I found those also thank you.

I am glad you mentioned that about the Black first then the gray.. But being a newbie I don't know why.. Also when you have a hookup at a camp ground do you leave them both open? Sorry if it is a stupid question I dunno..
__________________
bassoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
FlyingDiver's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere....
Posts: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassoneman View Post
I found those also thank you.

I am glad you mentioned that about the Black first then the gray.. But being a newbie I don't know why.. Also when you have a hookup at a camp ground do you leave them both open? Sorry if it is a stupid question I dunno..
Never leave the black tank open. Leave the gray open until your last day or so, then let it fill. Dump the black first, then the gray to clean out the hose of the black stuff.

joe
__________________
2008 King Aire 4562, Spartan K3(GT) w/ Cummins ISX 600
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8 Hemi w/ Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and baseplate, SMI Air Force One brake
FlyingDiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
Never leave the black tank open. Leave the gray open until your last day or so, then let it fill. Dump the black first, then the gray to clean out the hose of the black stuff.

joe
Ah should have read this before my maiden voyage this weekend. Did not do it the right way.. I lest both the gray and the black open. I will know better next time. I think tomorrow I will add some water to the black. I didn't realize the solids would just kind off stick there with out the liquid.. I washed out the house by squirting water down the hose.. Got it for next time though...
I don't know if all the solids got cleaned out of the black water tank. Should I just add a little water and some chemical. The Next time I will be using it will be June 1st. or do I fill it up a tad and the gray water up a tad and find a dump station?
__________________

__________________
bassoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tank



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.