Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2015, 11:40 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
So you go on a trip to New York and it breaks down...what do you do...tow it back to LaMesa RV in Arizona?
I'm sure they have dealers in every state. Apparently, LaMesa has cornered the market here in AZ. They said that Camping World in other states can do the warranty work.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I have to ask....you said an internet price brought you in. Does that mean there was a dealer who was closer, but more expensive or that they just had a general internet offer on that model coach.
We looked on the LaMesa website for the 2015 Brave. I don't think it tells you what location has it but it gives you the inventory number. There were several 2015s but they had different prices for the same model. When we went to the dealer near us, they said the one we were interested in was no longer in inventory. We told them that we were only interested at the price we saw online and they found one about 3 hrs north of where we were. According to them, the reason for the different prices for the same year and model was length of time on the lot.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #17

In checking RVServiceReviews.com, it seems that all of the other LaMesa's have "good" service reviews, while the one in phoenix, although it has only one review, it is "bad".

Perhaps you can call one of the other LaMesas that have better reviews and see if they can help you?
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
The next closest one is 50 miles away. There is a mechanic where I store my RV and a camping world 5 miles away but Winnebago will not allow me to get warranty work anywhere else.
Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #19

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkunk View Post
I just want to vent about my experience with La Mesa RV in West Phoenix. We purchased a 2015 Winnebago Brave in the beginning of May. An internet price brought us in and we decided to by the Calypso Blue 27B. They of course no longer had that coach but said they were able to find one a couple of hundred miles away for the same price. So we signed the papers and waited. While we waited, I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of new stuff to match the blue decor. We got word that the coach arrived and tried to schedule a Saturday pick up. Much to our disappointment we learned that the service department is not open on the weekend. This is a problem for us because both my husband and I work full time and do not have a lot of flexibility during the week. But we took some time off delivery and continued to be disappointed. When we got there for our scheduled appointment (1pm no later, hence the time off of work), our service manager was 20 minutes late. We were wandering around and when our sales guy saw us he asked how we liked the coach. We were apparently standing right in front of it but did not know because it was red, not blue. The salesman neglected to tell us that the unit he found at the same price was red. Not a big deal other than the fact that I bought, washed and threw away receipts for a lot of stuff. Oh, and the coach was dirty inside, not detailed at all.

We took it out that day for a short weekend trip and found a few issues that needed to be addressed. We tried to to schedule service for a Monday and requested to drop it off on the weekend. Despite the dealership being open all weekend, they will not allow customers drop off for scheduled service. I am so frustrated with this dealer and they hold the exclusive warranty work contract with Winnebago. We contacted Winnebago to see if we could get permission to switch service to another dealership that has better customer service but they did not see an issue with this.

If you are in the SW and looking to buy from LaMesa, reconsider buying from a dealership with more flexibility.
Exactly! LaMesa was a terrible experience for us this week! They are penny wise, dollar foolish in management. I found them to be dishonest and disconnected. I am shocked that the consumer report I paid for JRL? I think JRL was the name, said they were a good company! Wrong! I lost all trust for this company. Not a good feeling driving down 60 grade with a new coach on the way home. LaMesa was not a good experience for us. I read all the bad reviews too late. Buyer beware.

Tags
service, winnebago