Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 PM   #1

Porch light cover

I have a 2005 Sea Breeze 1321, the porch light cover is missing. I have checked with all of the suppliers on the internet, I've also checked with our local R/V repair shop with no luck. The R/V shop has checked all of their suppliers and have also come up empty. I would certainly appreciate it if any one might have an idea where I might find one, either new or used if in good shape.

Thanks in advance.
johnandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #2

Does it look like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Exterior-Porc.../dp/B01HH5MC60
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you showed us what it looks like, perhaps we could help rather than guess. Few people here know what every facet of your coach looks like.

In any case, replacing the whole light fixture is neither difficult or expensive. If you can't find a part, just swap the whole thing.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

As others have said, a pic would help! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandcarol View Post
I have a 2005 Sea Breeze 1321, the porch light cover is missing. I have checked with all of the suppliers on the internet, I've also checked with our local R/V repair shop with no luck. The R/V shop has checked all of their suppliers and have also come up empty. I would certainly appreciate it if any one might have an idea where I might find one, either new or used if in good shape.

Thanks in advance.

Rather than waste time looking for the needle in the haystack, I second the comment on replacing it. You could have it done in no time at all.
Did you try Amazon and E-bay, sites like those?
sgpd1sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:45 PM   #6

porch light cover

The porch light sets above the grab handle which is all one unit 5.5" x 8'.75". The actual cover is 4.25" long and 2.5" wide, it's not a flat piece which only makes the problem worse. If it was flat I would just make a new one. I have spent countless hours on the computer researching and have checked with many R/V shops, always come up dry.

My hope was maybe one of you more experienced R/V folks might have an idea where to look. I'm trying to avoid replacing the entire unit but at the end of the day I might not have any other choice. Regardless, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your assistance.
Old 06-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Please try to post a picture of what you've got. It'd go a LONG way for us attempting to help you.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #8

porch light cover.

I'll give it a try to get a photo, but I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to technology, I just upgraded from a flip phone. Maybe the neighbors 6th grader can help me.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:30 PM   #9

porch light cover

To all that responded to my request, thank you very much. Doing a little additional research I have discovered that the cover breaking is a normal issue with that year See Breeze, I also found that it's impossible to find a replacement. I found two See breezes that were salvaged and both of them had covers that had broken. With that said, I believe the best course of action as was advised by a post, replace the entire unit with something that will fill a 5" X 8" hole in the outside wall.

Again I really appreciate all of your thoughts. I'm pretty new at this game, so I will probably be back at some point for some more expert advice.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:09 AM   #10

Go with LED. It will be a sealed unit and the cover won't come off. Heck, get a dimable one, then you can adjust as needed or desired. Pretty cool option.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, light