Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2016, 05:35 PM   #1

Portable 2 Burner Induction Cooktop

I am considering acquiring a portable 2 burner induction cooktop.

Anyone willing to share their experiences, opinions or recommendations?
mspicer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Love ours. Really handy when cooking outside.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I put a two hob "True Induction" unit in the MH. I also carry a portable single hob unit for use both inside and outside if I want.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I put a two hob "True Induction" unit in the MH. I also carry a portable single hob unit for use both inside and outside if I want.
From the research I have done so far it appears that the "True Induction" brand have the best reviews for the price range of $200 - $400.

Mr_D did you look at any other brands before settling on "True Induction" ?
mspicer1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:50 AM   #5
YC1

Will one outlet support a dual model?

I have two separate ones and rarely use the second. They stack nicely or store well too. Space is critical so having them separate might allow more options.

In any case. Our propane stove has only been used about twice in eight years. The induction units do not heat the interior near as much and a lot less condenastion.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Will one outlet support a dual model?

I have two separate ones and rarely use the second. They stack nicely or store well too. Space is critical so having them separate might allow more options.

In any case. Our propane stove has only been used about twice in eight years. The induction units do not heat the interior near as much and a lot less condenastion.

Myron, the two-burner True Induction pulls a maximum of 1800 watts. Actually mine only pulls about 1600 watts. That's fine for a standard outlet.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:39 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspicer1234 View Post
From the research I have done so far it appears that the "True Induction" brand have the best reviews for the price range of $200 - $400.

Mr_D did you look at any other brands before settling on "True Induction" ?
I also have the "True Induction" double burner installed in our coach. I did some research and when I saw one installed on a new Prevost, I bought it. I figured if they were know for problems that guy will scream much louder than I so.....the rest is history. We used it all of the 2016 camping season, no issues at all, worked great.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:26 AM   #8

We use one, works well, just be aware that the pots or pans you use must be magnetic to work. Check your current cookware with a magnet.
double-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by double-r View Post
We use one, works well, just be aware that the pots or pans you use must be magnetic to work. Check your current cookware with a magnet.
My wife carries a small magnet in her purse to check any cookware before she buys. She is thinking of an induction cooktop for our house in the future.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
One note; the cheaper cookware even though its magnetic doesn't heat up as fast as higher end cookware....go figure
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote