Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
I dont mean to be that much off topic but...................

Gas Vs Charcoal . I'll take my Weber Baby Q 100. It has a push button igniter (no messy charcoal liter fluid or extra chimney for starting the coals). Its so call BTU of the burner is low but the trick is to preheat the cast iron grill. It does a great job searing steaks. It is also great for corn on the cob, fish, burgers,Brats, etc. I have a 5Lb propane bottle and it lasts all season (and then some) and both the grill and propane tank store in a compartment. Its so easy to clean, if there is any residue I just leave the burner on high for 10 minutes and them wire brush the cast iron grate. In the spring I dismantle it, power wash the body and wire brush the burners. It is 9 years old and still preforms like it was new.

2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #58

I prefer charcoal because I can throw some mesquite on the coals when doing a good t-bone, or rack of ribs.

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
This new design potable charcoal grill just came across my email today.

It looks like a great package for RVer's looking to save space.

Amazon.com : Fire Sense Notebook Charcoal Grill : Charcoal Grill Camp : Patio, Lawn & Garden

It also comes in SS.

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Sense-Sta...PYY_B007P1N4SW

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #60

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I prefer one that has a top, smokes what ever your cooking, I like that it folds down to 1 inch , but no top
Thanks for sharing,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #61
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
I prefer one that has a top, smokes what ever your cooking, I like that it folds down to 1 inch , but no top
Thanks for sharing,
Tim
X2!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #62

I've been looking for a charcoal grill too! I cook quite a bit over charcoal but do it in the fire pits which is sometimes a bit difficult. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a gas grill but it's just not the same!

I also like to use my dutch oven and would love to find something fairly compact to be able to put on a table top and cook with the DO. Any suggestions?
traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #63

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have a Coleman 2 burner stove (small bottles of propane) that folds to around 4 inches. We use it on the picnic table that's @ your site, if not we use a small Plastic table bought @ CW. Someone suggested using a Dutch oven. I have given that some thought and think I am going to try next time out. They come with cook books also, a plus
I make some mean spaghetti and will cook it first @ home then freeze and then use the dutch oven to re-warm. Ive never used one although I have 3 of them
I am not sure about the crock pot and the good smell all day as it cooks, I might gain a few pounds
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Joe, I think the one you purchased would sure be a good one too. I bought the Weber Jumbo Joe, which fits into my storage area. I too have to have a charcoal grill with a lid, it's the only way I'll eat a steak. As you can see I just store it in the box that it came it, plus then I have a place for my fluid, tools, etc. It measures right at 21" tall with just over 250 sq. inches of grill area.
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2737.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	73811

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2739.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	472.0 KB
ID:	73812
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:43 AM   #65

Send a message via Yahoo to chili's trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98FPA View Post
Joe, I think the one you purchased would sure be a good one too. I bought the Weber Jumbo Joe, which fits into my storage area. I too have to have a charcoal grill with a lid, it's the only way I'll eat a steak. As you can see I just store it in the box that it came it, plus then I have a place for my fluid, tools, etc. It measures right at 21" tall with just over 250 sq. inches of grill area.
Attachment 73811

Attachment 73812
I loved the platinum version of this grill and regret selling it. It has a sealed bottom, clamp on lid and used to be called a 'boater's grill'. Safe on a wooden dock or table.
Jack H
Old 09-16-2014, 07:20 AM   #66

While we don't have our RV picked out yet the grill is. We use Big Green Eggs at home and will be getting the new BGE MiniMax to take on the road with us, dh won't leave home without it lol! MiniMax - Big Green Egg - The Ultimate Cooking Experience | Big Green Egg - The Ultimate Cooking Experience