Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #1

Portable water tank

We will be heading out the first of April for 7 months of camping and we are looking for a way to refill the fresh water tank in the MH while parked without hookups. Some where I saw a post where a small bilge pump was added to one of the 5 gallon water tanks like the ones sold at Walmart but do not remember the name of the pump or how it worked. If anyone has any ideal I would love to hear them. Having a bad back I can not lift the tanks up to the water fill.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
harbor freight
12v Marine Utility Water Pump
Old 01-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
I got a battery operated pump for the big jugs of water, I also have a hand pump (7 - 10 $) but I like the battery one better, here is the link and it works great!

Amazon.com: Innovative Electric Battery-Operated Home 5 Gallon Jug Drinking Bottled Water Pump with Switch: Sports & Outdoors

I got mine at Home Hardware, I bet H Depot also has them, mine was $30.00 and worth every penny ...!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #4

One of these Rule IL500P IL500 Plus in Line Submersible Pump 12V 7 GPM | eBay

Sure makes life easier IMHO

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #5

7 gallon Aquatainers and a shaker siphon?
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Attwood on Amazon makes a transfer pump...

Also, I saw some xfer pumps at Home Depot and Lowes. Most of the ones I saw were 115V but a few were battery operated.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
My friend uses a Shurflow RV water pump with a collapsible water tank - about ten gallons I think. I think he got the tank at Camping World but I am not sure about that

Tags
tank, water