Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great topic - we are in the middle of some modifications ourselves. Some small, some a little larger. We just bought new tires which was a sticker shock! Now we are doing some smaller projects - this weekend & over memorial day weekend we will be tackling the TV projects (removed a total of 200 pds of tv's!!) Here's our blog posts so far and the tire comparison & tv mods will be coming up soon.

Fixing the Closet & Hiding Warning Labels

Cheap & Easy Wire Shelving Modification

Keith & Tricia
2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
www.geekyexplorers.com Twitter @geekyexplorers
geekyexplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #16
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by NatureCalls View Post
Recovered window valances; laminate flooring through galley and bathroom; comfort-height, china-bowl toilet; new tub; new faucets; power mirrors; etc., etc.
The list is perpetual... never ending... never getting shorter... seemingly getting longer

Where are the before and after pictures?

Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #17
Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by MikeandClaudia View Post
Just replaced six tires on my MH.

Cost $ 200 more than my first NEW car!
Hell, I've bought DINNER that cost more than my first car!
Michael (Home base Northern CO)
USED TO HAVE; 03 Alpine 40MDTS Now RVless
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
I got rid of all my Halogen puck lighting and converted to LEDs....very nice and COOL
2006 Mountain Aire 43 and 05 Honda Pilot
Air Force One..Real Whirlpool Fridge !
3 sugar gliders, long hair daschund and short hair wife for security
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
Just put a new vent cover over the bathroom and refrigerator due to the quarter sized hail the we survived from yesterday.
BA-in-Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #20
Spare under a windsport

Blew a new tire second trip out shoot no spare that is now been fixed easy as pie. a 245/70/195 with rim is about 33 inches tall weighs around 75 80 pounds though. I looked under my 2007 windsport 31 d and see that the frame rails at the rear are 35 inches wide with a 4 inch lip at the top I simply pressed the tire rim assembly up into the well just like it is a pickup truck and used some 1/4 inch steel to trap it in place with a couple of bolts. then I wrapped a chain around the frame rail with a turnbuckle to cinch it up and walla a spare tire is now in place. 12 ton bottle jack 3 foot breaker bar and sockets and I will not wait for hours and pay thousands on a emergency sunday evening call again. Next up I am putting in a wine cooler updates to follow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spare 3.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	10563  
gio4318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
We boondock a lot in wilderness type CG's - and water conservation is a must, so we have installed some extremely efficient garden type sprinklers with the rotating adjustable heads in our shower. The "Mist" setting has proved both efficient and extremely miserly as to water consumption - the one pictured is in our 5er, and a new dollar store just opened here locally, and had similar ones on sale for $1, so I just this morning installed one in our '88 Winnie MH.

Also recently installed a pair of PC type cooling fans to circulate interior refrigerator air in our MH for more efficient and even cooling from top-to-bottom of the interior - these are wired in series to place about 6 volts on each fan instead of a full 12 VDC - this cuts speed to a low and even volume that is perfect for the job - works great!

John Day....|'88 Winnebago Super Chief 27ft. Class A
Eastern .....|'88 KIT model 240 24 ft. 5er
Oregon ......|'02 Dodge/Cummins 2500 Quad Cab
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #22
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ran Romex cable from my inverter (front near batteries) all the way back to my shore power bay. Installed a 15 amp and a 30 amp outlet. Now I can turn off my converter/charger and plug my shore cord into the new inverter receptacle to power all my interior 120V outlets via manual transfer. Also can plug my rechargeable batteries for my power tools inside the shore cord compartment, the outlet is in the same place I keep all my tools.
(Lower right photo shows receptacles added, upper right is DPA)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ShorePower.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	10588  
'98 Gulf Stream Sunsport 325, 7.5L Banks Power Pack, Koni FSD's, Air Bags, ReadyBrute Elite,
2000 Honda Accord

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #23
Got rid of the old basement TV and put in a slim, lightweight, HD TV in the basement so I can sit outside and softball!
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #24
Talking wine cooler

Got tired of drinking good wine at a bad temp so I located a nice 4 bottle wine cooler at walmart.com and dedicated a half empty cabinet as my wine cabinet it now holds the wine cooler and wine glass rack that hangs my glasses nicely although they tended to fall out I simply strectched a throttle return spring across the mouth of the glass rack and now the glasses cannot fall out when I get sideways around corners. Next up hate the double sinks gotta do like my previous rig and make the small double sinks one big deep one.
gio4318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
The star nut on one of my ladder legs rusted out. Figured the rest would be hard to remove due to rust. To install new star nuts is a pain! Need to remove the whole ladder to gain access for install. The ladder rails are the same size as boat railing. I bought 2 boat mounts and installed. Had to cut the star nut off on the other bracket.

2010 Phaeton QTH 40'
2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Recon, D,2/7, 1st Cav '65
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
I made my clear lexan entrance assist handle light up with the porch light.
gcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #27
Winnebago Owners Club
Like Naturecalls, my RV is a hobby. I'm always modifiying or adding something just cuz I can.

Biggest mod was the shower valve. I don't like the el cheapo double handle jobs that come with these MHs so I installed a pressure balanced single handle shower valve. Also replaced the shower head with an $11 Home Depot head that uses much less water.

Name:	Shower1.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	10865

Replaced the kitchen faucet with a single handle faucet. So now I have a soap dispenser, single handle faucet, and an under sink filter faucet for the galley.

Name:	Kitchen.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	10866

Installed Auto Transfer Switch.

Installed fitting and hose from propane tank so I could run the BBQ off the RV tank rather than those little one pounders.

Replaced bathroom faucet with single handle faucet.

Assembled and painted a towel rack to hang off the ladder for those trips to the swimming hole where you use a lot towels.
PVC Drying Rack

Put brackets underneath the MH so I can bring my Port-a-bote.

Living room tv was just below the ceiling and not angled down. Viewing at this angle reduced the brightness. Angled the tv down about 15 degrees so it was viewable.
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 29R
hoppers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #28

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Making a computer table that is portable, sort of like a TV tray, but more sturdy. Can also be used to extend the dining table. Will post pics when complete.

'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote