Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Power King Tires & Dynamic Tire Corp.

I beg you all to remove these inferior products from your expensive rigs. If you have followed this string thread for any length of time you certainly have come across some of my posts regarding this process of dealing with Dynamic Tire Corp out of Canada and their inferior Chinese made junk. I also blame Heartland for putting this junk on rigs we pay good money to purchase. Just not right that they put such JUNK on our rigs and then ask us to show off their product.
I just received word back today, after three weeks, from Dynamic Tire that after careful review?? I can only hope there so called experts have these tires on their rigs! Anyhow, they found it to be user error that caused the blow out. Yes, I agree, user error for not insisting that the dealer replace the inferior tires with something more reliable. That was my error! They stated that I must have ran the tires either over or under inflated thus causing the damage to my trailer. I dare them! I ck my tires before we leave from the campground to make sure they have 80 lbs of pressure as stated on the side of the tire. I don't enjoy sitting along side the road in 104 temps and changing a tire. I dare them! I strongly urge everyone that owns a rig that has Power King Tires on their rigs to write them and Heartland to let them know just how strong our group of owners can be. I dare them. Oh, they made a good faith effort by offering me $500.00 to sign a safe and harmless agreement. Hell that doesn't cover the $1400 in damages to the trailer and the $800 of new Michelin rubber I put on the rig, not even close. I'm not going to win this argument so I might as well take the $500 and be thankful I got that much out of them. I'm so angry right now I best stop or I will say something and this thread will not be submitted. Please let Dynamic Tire and Heartland know that we keep them in business by purchasing their product, that too could change it they don't change their practice of placing poor material on they're overly expensive rigs! Sorry for the length of this, but I just had to get it out of my system. We should all band together and get a lawyer to speak for us in these situations. Lawyers have to camp too don't they. Their must be a camping lawyer out there some place that would be willing to help us.I guess now we have to deal with Thor since they now own Heartland or so I've been informed. Well, let them know how strong we can be regarding their product line of RVs.

Larry, Marilyn & Buddy
2011 Heartland GreyStone
2012 F-250 6.2L
Grey Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Part of the blame should be on ALL trailer manufacturers; for designing and building products with tires continually running at 90% to 100% of tire capacity. I forget where I read it, but somewhere I read that trailer manufacturers recommend replacing ST tires every 3 years. That's just plain ridiculous, when our Jeep's Michelin tires are over 8 years old with over 60,000 miles on them_so far. I credit that to running at ~65% of their rated capacity.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Tires will deteriorate faster when not rolling down the road. Sitting idle for weeks and months will actually shorten the time life span of the tire. The only way to know what tire pressure you should be using, is to weight the trailer (in this case) fully loaded (as you normally would) and go by the tire manufacturer tire pressure chart
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
Thor Owners Club
I am replacing our tow max tires on our rig after 4 years. Just don't trust them and I check the inflation daily. Small price to pay for peace of mind. I've always wondered if, whoever takes the tires off, sells them used to some poor shmuck the way they sell used passenger vehicle Tires that are "slightly used"
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote

power, tires