Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-22-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
Pre-Purchase inspections? How accommodating are dealers?

I ordered a new TT and should be here late May/ First week of June. I'd like to do a thorough inspection of all the systems and structure. However the last one I bought 10 years ago (different dealer) I was rushed, the guy they assigned to do the walk through acted like he was put out, like he had a date he was going to late for. On top of that he was a bit condescending like my questions were obvious. I did complain to the dealer at the time but nothing came of it. Luckily the unit was fine and there was no issues.

Anyway this time around I'd like t be a bit more vigilant.

How are most dealers these days? Are they use to people taking their time or can I expect the rush job again? I know every dealer is different and from reviews this dealer has a good rep. Time will tell I guess.

I plan on notifying my salesperson ahead of time to expect me to go through everything.

Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Your money, do the inspection you feel good about. Don't let the irritations slide, tell the guy if it happens again or ask if he has better things to Dothan service a customer. I have done this not just RV shopping, I'm never embarrassed when spending my money.

2004 Clss C 31' Winnebgo
OLYLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is your money being spent, you should be fully comfortable with the purchase as well as having confidence in the dealer your purchasing it from. It is the dealer whom you will be dealing with on any issues that arrive, if any. So take whatever time you feel is needed to feel confident and all is well. Good luck.
Bruce & Nancy
FMCA F280542
2004 Bounder 35E
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Thor Owners Club
Agree with the previous posters. Take the time to do it right and feel comfortable before you leave. Bring a checklist and your own flashlight, at the very least. For our recent PDI I brought a multimeter and a USB cable to check out all of the electrical and electronic plugs and circuits. I am glad I did since we found the USB charging station wasn't connected correctly. Fortunately, that was the only thing we found during the PDI. Later on we found the fresh water tank drain valve had been left open from dewinterizing. Easy fix, but we thought we had a leak for a while!

Congrats and enjoy your new TT!
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Sydney
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote

dealer, purchase