Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-22-2014, 05:56 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
they make it hard to get the drugs we need legally, but remains easy to get the drugs from the guy on the corner...

Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2014, 06:35 PM   #16

We use Walgreen's and the only problem we had was when the automated call came about renewing the last thing it said was that I could pick up at the Walgreen's in Williamsburg VA! Only thing was we were back home in Mississippi. I had to call the Williamsburg store an cancel the order and have it filled at the Waynesboro store.

Bill & Sandy Hunt
2017 Ventanna LE 4037, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Toad
Newmar Kountry Klub, Peach State Krackers
Newmar Hoots looking for a roost
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #17
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bill Hunt View Post
We use Walgreen's and the only problem we had was when the automated call came about renewing the last thing it said was that I could pick up at the Walgreen's in Williamsburg VA! Only thing was we were back home in Mississippi. I had to call the Williamsburg store an cancel the order and have it filled at the Waynesboro store.

Hi neighbor!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
depending on how good your medical insurance is you are probably going to have to go to a walk in clinic and explain the situation to the doctor there. I would have copies of my medical records with me to show them while they are examining you. Ask them to give you the longest prescription they can. I have a very small copay for all doctors visits so it will not be a huge problem to do this. It is an inconvenience but it is possible to get the meds you need.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #19

We once had our Dr. give us a written prescription to take with us out of state. Came time to fill it and went to Walgreens. Pharmacy told us they could only fill Hydrocodone when prescription was written by a DR licensed in the state. Pointed us to the urgent care clinic across the street.

Went there. Saw the DR, explained the condition, showed him the scar and our Drs written prescription. No problem he wrote one for us. Took 5 minutes and cost $165.00 for the office visit.

Mike and Wanda Stoner
2014 Tuscany XTE 36MQ - 2014 Ford Edge Toad
stoners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:37 PM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
We use Walgreens and never have a problem where ever we go. Now on the other hand, heavy duty narcotic scripts require a renewal monthly anyway. that does need a doctor visit but we don't have to use them YET
La Dagobago
99 36 FL Winne Chieftain 5.9 ISB Turbo Cummins DP, 24' box with 1972 V12 XKE Jag and HD Sporty Hobby of 1970's Suzuki dirt bike restoration. Visit my blog.
ladagobago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #21
I, too, am worried about this. We hope to be gone from FL for six months this year and I was wondering what to do and how to manage our refills.
RobynM039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:35 PM   #22
Refilling narcotics prescriptions, morphine and oxycodone, was a big concern we had when starting a three month, 9,000 mile cross country trip (AZ to NY and many points in between). My pain management Dr gave me 3 post dated prescriptions and basically said "good luck". The only problem we had was in NY. The prescription though post dated was greater than 30 days old which per their STATE law could not be filled. We were on our way to Pennsylvania so called ahead (we use Walgreens) to the local pharmacy and they had no issues filling both prescriptions. After that we called ahead to a Walgreens in the state we planned to be in to verify they would fill. Had no other problems, one pharmacy called my Dr., another my home town Walgreens for verification. State law is the big unknown, some have rather strange requirements, others minimal just to meet compliance with Fed law. So if you have a doc that will post date prescriptions and call ahead to verify the local pharmacy will fill, you should be fine. Just remember to be very specific when calling ahead and give all pertinent information (prescribing state, date of issue, date to be filled, etc.).
Greg and Karen, the pups Bailey and Lily (St. Bernard mix and Beagle mix) and Lola (the attack cat)
gklehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #23
All our 'scripts are through mail-order, long-term-3 months at a time. We simply have our mail forwarded to her, she repackages everything in a USPS flat-rate box and mails it to wherever we will be staying long enough to receive mail. We just leave her postage money and a supply of boxes.
If the pharmacy sends 'scripts through the mail anyone may.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Originally Posted by Jamie65 View Post
We use Walgreens and do not have to transfer prescription's, just fill at a different store.
X2. I have heard a lot of people say that using a national drug store chain makes life so much easier.

2004 Itasca Spirit -- The Darlin' Dot II
A big fan of Jimmy Buffett, The Boston Red Sox & The Open Road
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark ... and we're wearing sunglasses."
VAParrothead is offline   Reply With Quote