Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #1

PRICE of FUEL

I copied the following from another forum and this guy is pretty reliable.

Guy's just got off the phone with a diesel fuel futures seller he told me fuel will be 4 bucks + a gallon before Dec.
Sun Oil has shutdown the refinery in NJ and has the one in Tulsa for sale and it is off line and Valero has closed 1 in Delaware along with Chevron cutting production fuel is going up.
85Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #2

Yes our company has been told by our fuel supplier to expect $3.25 to $3.85 a gallon gasoline over the summer driving season and a $3.00 to $3.35 year end price.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, looks like my plan to stay home is going to be paying double. Glad I decided to live where going home is going back to camp .
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Eagle View Post
Guy's just got off the phone with a diesel fuel futures seller he told me fuel will be 4 bucks + a gallon before Dec.
If you believe that, have your broker go to NYMEX and buy futures...

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The price of fuel only bothers me when I have to purchase some.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I know this is no consolation when you go and fill up you coach tomorrow, but I thought that you may find this interesting:

In Denmark, where I normally live, the price of gas have also gone up the past few weeks. Today, 1 gallon of regular gas is £8.45. That is why I normally drive a Volvo V50, 1.6 Litre diesel engine doing 63 miles per gallon.

"Lawnmower engine" I hear some of you saying ! Not at all. Plenty of torque and plenty of power for overtaking. It can be done and the fuel saving options are available today - and this is without going electric.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I personally believe that the technology for higher miles per gallon have been available for years, but there is a cooperation between auto industries and petroleum refineries that the technology will not be forthcoming.

I also believe that the only reason for prices as they are is GREED.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #8

It's bunch of bull............a racket.
Just like the insurance companies got you by the whatevers. You cannot not win in this game. ~Brenda~
Fl.doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Instead of complaining and pointing fingers, watch the world markets, the commodities traders who care nothing about the end user, the value of the dollar, government regulations and restrictions, actual industry profit margins vs. actual operating costs, etc. There are a lot of factors to consider in real world operations. We have the resources, they are intentionally kept off the market by a number of different forces!
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
csp

Monaco Owners Club
They will then report record profits at the end of the year just like always and the same as the insurance companies.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by csp View Post
They will then report record profits at the end of the year just like always and the same as the insurance companies.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay to try to exchange information of a serious nature! Citing bumper sticker slogans and accusations are fine for stirring up emotions. That tactic is used because a serious discussion of the pertinent facts and information will almost always disprove the emotional argument.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:02 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It was interesting when Valero lost their rear last quarter that it was never on the news. Let them make 6-8 % return on their investment and all heck breaks lose. Exxon may make billions but look what they invested to do that. And they aren't guaranteed to make a nickle.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 has a strict rule that political discussions are not allowed - a rule that I support strongly. Having said that, there's no way that I can discuss what's coming down the pike without bringing our current government's proposed energy policy into the discussion. Rather than do that, suffice it to say that, if the changes that are being proposed take effect:

1. Onshore U.S. energy supplies will decline

2. U.S. energy prices will rise markedly not just because of declining supply but also as the added taxes and costs imposed on the producers and refiners are passed through to the ultimate customers

3. Energy exploration and production will, by and large, move out of the United States

4. Many tens of thousands of high-paying U.S. jobs in the oil and gas exploration, production and refining sectors will be lost as these activities move overseas

5. Oil and gas technology and equipment suppliers will follow their customers out of the United States as well with the attendant job and tax base losses

What this means for the U.S. energy consumer is higher energy prices, decreased energy supplies and higher dependence on non-U.S. sources for oil, natural gas, refined products and petrochemicals. The U.S. will no longer be the technology leader in the oil and gas sector.

I guess I'm fortunate - I've spent my entire life in the "awl bidness" and am close to retirement. Those that are younger than I are in for a very rough ride - as is the United States of America. Buckle up and hang on!!

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
I've spent my entire life in the "awl bidness"

Rusty
...and what a ride its been.