Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Price Requests???

Has anyone had any luck with the "price requests" that most dealers have on their websites? I sent one to General RV and one to Lazydays and not received any quotes yet. I did get the email stating my "price request" was being worked on. I even responded back to their emails asking again, but nothing yet.

reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #2

We have been looking at three different MH's in the last few weeks. I have requested information and had questions that I needed (would like) answers to. For the most part the replies I have received have been along the lines that 'this is a good MH', that is still for sale, but not answers to my questions about the units. Not sure if the dealers think that I am just 'trolling' for if we are for real. Will give them a little more time and then if nothing, will move on.

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I haven't shopped on line for a MH or car. I went to a car dealership once and after about 10 minutes of the floor person not responding to my questions , I asked to see his manager and 2 hours later I drove out with a new car. I would tell them you're a buyer and if they didn't have time for you to put someone else in touch with you that does.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
My last two vehicles was bought via the internet and it worked great. But it appears that the RV dealers are not willing to post quotes and/or deal via the internet.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I was shopping for our current MH; I made a list of the options I wanted and was specific about colors etc. when I put out RFP's to several different dealerships that had the MFG.'s and models I wanted information on.
I got flooded with reply's.
Let them know you are shopping and intend to buy.
(although maybe not from them.)

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Many RV dealers indeed think that internet price requests are merely trolling and they do everything possible to get you to come in and look/talk rather than respond in any useful way. I've had discussions with a couple large RV dealership executives about this and they are adamant that internet pricing is not good business for them. I translate that to mean the percentage of completed sales is very low compared to one-on-one customer interaction. But when they do those percentages, they never count the large number of people who come in to look around and then leave without ever talking to a sales rep, so the completed sales figures are not realistic, IMO.

Some of these dealers won't even post an asking price. Seems insane to me, but they are the experts in their business, I guess.

I "fired" one sales rep who continually avoided giving me anything but evasive answers to my emailed questions. I did end up going to the dealer, but I refused to talk to the unhelpful rep (and I told him why). I did business with another, extremely helpful, salesman and bought a coach.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Agree, however, MHSRV.com offers a price quote, that will give you a starting point, below MSRP. You can get better prices, but it does give an reasonable idea. All I ever got from Lazy Days was new questions...couldn't get a quote.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Agree, however, MHSRV.com offers a price quote, that will give you a starting point, below MSRP. You can get better prices, but it does give an reasonable idea. All I ever got from Lazy Days was new questions...couldn't get a quote.
And, it does't lead to a follow-up phone call from a salesman.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I contacted Lazydays again today via email and he responded back that he would get me prices tomorrow, being he was off today. We will see. General RV is off my radar completely for not responding at all to any of my emails.

I will check into MHSRV, but I do not think they had many of the models I was looking for. They seem to be heavy in Thor products.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
.... MHSRV.com offers a price quote, that will give you a starting point, below MSRP. You can get better prices, but it does give an reasonable idea. All I ever got from Lazy Days was new questions...couldn't get a quote.
X2!!
I, too, received a response from LD's sales agent, how I was important, and he will do everything to assist and went on to tell me how they would treat me when I take possession of an RV at heir dealership, but never got me a quote, or even a follow-up. Furthermore, he couldn't answer my questions intelligently. I guess, they are not going to have my business!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Do your homework on the internet, the world is on your computer. Then instead of internet offers, call them. Talk to someone in charge and make your offer, they will bounce back and forth with you, but tell them if they want you to even visit thier showroom in person or come to see them,give me a number that will make me travel and come to see you. This is the method I have used in the last couple of out of town auto/Coach purchases. If you are calling them, you are interested, plain and simple. Give them your number that you are confortable with and leave it up to them.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
This is basically what I told the LD salesman when he called which was about 10 minutes after I sent the first request. I am working up quotes from several dealers that are closer than LD is.

I did two quote requests from MHSRV and got immediate quotes. But they are close to Dallas and I hate everything there is about Dallas which is about the same distance as Lazydays is. I was thinking they was around the Houston area. Another dealer that is only 4 hours away was just $1000 more than MHSRV.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey, no brainier! The closer the dealer, as long as that dealer is qualified and worthy of our hard earned bucks, take it from one that just experienced "new coach" follow up problems! The closer the better, saves you a lot of money!! IMHO.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Closer the better, going to need them........