Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #29

don't forget the thanksgiving and christmas weeks are the highest air travel days. And all those trucks, trains, and planes are out delivering presents.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to Gadget63 Send a message via Yahoo to Gadget63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellhomz View Post
I just traded in my 09 gasser 30 ft with one slide I was getting 7 mph. New 2 us is a 09 dp 34 ft three slides. Besides the much larger feel inside and the 9.8 mpg so far. The ride is far superior, air suspension. double pane windows. Engine noise in back we fell in love during the test drive. My DW who did not like to drive the gasser loves to drive this one. She said the feel is like a Cadillac compared to a pick up truck. I can easily drive this dp further without fatigue than the other. But each to their own.
Congrats on the new DP! Curious though because my gasser is 35 1/2 foot with two slides and I get between 7 to 10 mpg. I must really have a light foot and I do try to keep my speed below 65. BTW, I am still not towing so maybe that's the reason for the good mpg

Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Can't wait tohead south. diesel up here is 4>04 to 4.19.

Bill
Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Location of the refinery has little if any thing to do with cost of local fuel. There are two refineries in Anacortes, Wa but fuel isn't distributed from their. The fuel is sent to Seattle for entry into the distribution system.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget63 View Post

Congrats on the new DP! Curious though because my gasser is 35 1/2 foot with two slides and I get between 7 to 10 mpg. I must really have a light foot and I do try to keep my speed below 65. BTW, I am still not towing so maybe that's the reason for the good mpg
Sounds about right. My rig is rated for 13mpg, dead empty an alone, by the mfg. I get an honest 10-11 with fulltimer load and 4000lb toad. I also have a light foot

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #34

Our first moho was a class c gasser ... soon traded for dp just for the air suspension and air brakes. Sometimes you have to pay for what you like. The dp is MUCH nicer to travel in. If just camping then gas may be be best for you.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoc View Post
Where I live (in west Texas) gas is going around $3.22 to $3.35 depending on where you buy it. Diesel is still close to $4.00. Now, with that being said, it is what it is, here is the kicker. We have a refinery about 2 miles east of town.

Jerry
Do they give "samples" like winery's or the beer factories?

Here at Ft. Wilderness now:

Gas = 3.08 while Diesel = 3.76 at the Hess station
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
Interested in hearing a response to Gadgets post.

I will eventually buy a MH one day, but wont be a full timer and doubt if we ever see 20,000 per year.

A DP inital cost is a heck of a lot more then a gasser, I just don't see where it would be a break even point for us.

I worked on diesel engines while in the service, and they are work horses, but even if you engine will run 500,000 miles, all of the other items that will break down during that time see to me would be cost prohibitive to break even.
You are so right, you will never break even. I see so many DP on the road I guess we are the few who think this way.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #37

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture47 View Post
Location of the refinery has little if any thing to do with cost of local fuel. There are two refineries in Anacortes, Wa but fuel isn't distributed from their. The fuel is sent to Seattle for entry into the distribution system.
Really? If true, I'm surprised. 30 years in the petroleum industry, and I don't think I've ever seen a refinery that doesn't have a truck loading rack.

Tags
diesel, gas