Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I like CW very much...shipping always on time, prices very competitive and I don't have to burn my fuel to get what I want. I use the often.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #16

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I try and watch for specials. Here is a good one if you need a portable 30 amp surge protector:

Technology Research Corp - Surge Guard 30 Amp Portable Surge Protector - 34730-001-012 - Surge Protectors - Camping World

Looks like an OK price for the 30 amp model. If you need the 50 amp, Amazon has them for $351 versus $379 at Camping World.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I treat CW like KOA, pretty much of a last resort. If on sale, they are not too bad, but otherwise, very steep.

I sure go along with that.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmadams View Post
I try and watch for specials. Here is a good one if you need a portable 30 amp surge protector:

Technology Research Corp - Surge Guard 30 Amp Portable Surge Protector - 34730-001-012 - Surge Protectors - Camping World

heres what I got:

Internet-Only Special

Click Here To See Our Special Sale Pricing
This item is not available online
For Information call 1-888-626-7576.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I am somewhat of a local shopper so never paid attention to the big market retailers where I would be required to pay shipping. (Professional Cheapskate) Well now that Good Sam and Camping World are one and the same I am getting inundated with notices about their great bargains.

I don't find them all that great, especially today's offering of 'Big and Tall Harbor Mist Recliner' regular $161.00 on sale for $99.00. Worldwide Merchandise Company - Big and Tall Harbor Mist Recliner - D09-1089 - Outdoor Recliners - Camping World I guess its because of NAFTA that I can go to my local Canadian Tire Store and buy their offering of a 'Zero Gravity Recliner' for I think $59.00 plus applicable taxes. Canadian Tire - Zero Gravity Chair, Black customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Am I the only one that finds their (Camping World) prices just a tad high? I am not dissing these guys as I have no reason to as the closest one to me is six hours (two on a ferry) and a border crossing away.
Yes, they are very high. I have, however, gotten a few good deals from CW over the years when they had some sales on items that and the prices at that time were hard to beat elsewhere. They have a broad selection, and I think that is the bulk of their appeal. I got a great deal once on some gravity chairs and an electric jack on a "blow out" (that's what they called it lol) sale once.

I am a huge bargain shopper and rarely buy on impulse, so I almost always will find a cheaper item somewhere else. But I think to the shopper who likes convenience and a large selection all at one place, they fit the bill.

I guess I am a professional cheapskate too, but I prefer to call it "bargain shopper"

I admit I really love browsing their catalogs to see what is new out there for camping.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Our closest CW is two hours away, so we typically don't use it very much unless there is a sale going on and we happen to be in the city where it's located. But as others have said, if you need something right now, more than likely CW will have it in stock...you might pay a little more for it, but need is need.

We also have the Good Sam Visa card which has reward features that you can redeem at CW (same parent company) and this allows us to save up and only purchase items when they are on sale. Last year we were able to buy the Winegard Trav'ler 1000 DISH satellite unit for $1099 minus the $350 reward certificate from our GS Visa. Great savings. Then this year on the internet Black Monday day, we were able to pick up the 50amp portable Surgeguard for around $250 instead of the almost $400 it normally sells for.

As I mentioned before however, if you need something right now....more than likely they will have it.

Ron
Old 02-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Weber-stephen Products Co - Weber Q 120 Gas Grill - 516501 - Gas Grills - Camping World

Walmart.com: Weber Q 120 Gas Grill: Grills & Outdoor Cooking

Case in point: this Weber used to be 179 at CW.

I have been watching the prices of these for the past 6 months or so. That's the only reason I know that CW raised their price on it.

But I have found on some sale items that CW is very competitive. It's like always, you have to shop around to find the best price. I see grocery items at Walmart that is pricier than Kroger's sometimes too.

Kent
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #22

Camping World inflates the normal retail price, charges you to be a customer which then allows you to pay the original normal retail price. To us, Camping World serves 2 purposes... it is a great place to physically see an item that we will buy cheaper somewhere else and, they usually have an item in stock if you absolutely need it today. On rare occasions, they will have a sale price on an item that is actually competitive.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #23

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We shop around, we have ordered from CW, but usually wait until they have the free shipping.
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
I make purchases from Camping World fairly regularly. Since I live over 100 miles from any RV dealer or CW, I do a lot of on-line buying. I rarely pass up a chance to visit CW if I am in the area near one. While they are sometimes higher, there are deals to be had as well. As far as service on MH, I have used them for some and dealer for some. I have always gotten good service and was treated right. But I have only used the one at Byron, Georgia. I do believe that each store is different, some good, some not so good. But, you find this with most all types of stores.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #25

I like CW. Very few times have I found the same product at a much cheaper price……plus you cannot beat their return policy. Watch for free or reduced shipping. I am a member of the presidents club and get more catalogs and mailings than anyone needs but at Christmas and Birthdays I just mark a page for the kids and I get what I want.

Last year on a trip to Savannah my passenger side mirror did a walk around and was facing the front of the rig. I pulled into their store on 95 and a tech from the service department came right out and replaced a screw. Just took a few minutes, no charge and I was on my way. I was very thankful they were there.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I live a few miles south of CW in Pooler Ga. so I visit them when I go that way. Great staff and good selection. I usually plan my trips to fill my LP tank there. Much cheaper than at the CG right down the road. I am a DIYer so I shop the net(mostly Ebay) for most large purchases, but it's nice to have them close for a "I need it now item".

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camping World is like a big RV candy store. They are nice, particularly if you're traveling with your RV since they always have a place for you to park your rig. They are handy if you run out of or break something essential that you "must have". Like most men, I'm conscience of bargains, but when I go out buy something I buy it. I don't run around all day trying to save 50 cents and spending $30 worth of gas to it. It CW, be careful or you can make yourself sick.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Camping World is like a big RV candy store. They are nice, particularly if you're traveling with your RV since they always have a place for you to park your rig. They are handy if you run out of or break something essential that you "must have". Like most men, I'm conscience of bargains, but when I go out buy something I buy it. I don't run around all day trying to save 50 cents and spending $30 worth of gas to it. It CW, be careful or you can make yourself sick.
Touche'! Agreed! I am not a man, but I shop like a man as I am a bargain chaser and actually hate the shopping experience, so I agree with all you said. LOL

Tags
camping