Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Prices At Camping World

I am somewhat of a local shopper so never paid attention to the big market retailers where I would be required to pay shipping. (Professional Cheapskate) Well now that Good Sam and Camping World are one and the same I am getting inundated with notices about their great bargains.

I don't find them all that great, especially today's offering of 'Big and Tall Harbor Mist Recliner' regular $161.00 on sale for $99.00. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...recliner/54592 I guess its because of NAFTA that I can go to my local Canadian Tire Store and buy their offering of a 'Zero Gravity Recliner' for I think $59.00 plus applicable taxes. http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/...ws/reviews.htm

Am I the only one that finds their (Camping World) prices just a tad high? I am not dissing these guys as I have no reason to as the closest one to me is six hours (two on a ferry) and a border crossing away.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #2

I browse camping world often and have ordered a couple things. What i have noticed is some of their items are a great deal while others are very much over priced.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just like with anything else, it pays to shop around.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
I like Camping World, however, it is true their prices may not be the best buy. What is annoying is their shipping charges. There was a small item in their catalog I wanted, not available anywhere else I could find. The price was less that the $11 shipping fee. I didn't order. Fortunately, they had a free shipping special, no minimum purchase, I was able to buy the item at a reasonable cost.

Now, we have just gotten a newer motorhome with a washer-dryer. The dealer also has a very large parts catalog which featured the recommended laundry detergent. $24 for 100 loads -- Camping World $14 (I think) before the $11 shipping fee. I have used front loading washing machines for over 50 years, I believe I will just buy what I use for my home front load.

JoAnn
1999 National Tradewinds 7371
Spokane Valley WA
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
JoAnn,

Denise said to tell you if the soap has the "HE" sticker then its good to go in the newer front loads. I'll take her word on it as its definitely a 'pink' job.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #6

When we first started up with our RV, we bought a ton of stuff from CW. Each item was on sale and we got 10% off on top of the sale prices for joining their little club. We did well. Since then, we've found CW to be good for picking up something you need now while on the road. Otherwise, it's on-line ordering(try to use iRV2 supporters) or local mom and pop RV parts. Yes, we too find CW to be somewhat higher on their prices. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Price Savings

I travel into New Hampshire a lot and often shop at their Chichester location. SUPER SERVICE. I generally shop from the catalogue and phone an order into the store and they have it ready when I arrive. I generally use their catalogue as a reference and then online shop to check prices. I have found cheaper elsewhere, and I have found more costly elsewhere. Across the board their prices are fair. On the other hand if it is for an RV or a boat we pay all the seller can get.
YA GOTTA PAY FOR YOUR FUN AND TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YA CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YA, AND I'M SPENDING MY KIDS INHERITANCE. I just might leave them in debt to pay for the funeral. At least they will remember me till the payments are finished. LOL

I PLAN TO LIVE FOREVER. IT'S WORKING SO FAR.
Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akibase View Post
I travel into New Hampshire a lot and often shop at their Chichester location. SUPER SERVICE. I generally shop from the catalogue and phone an order into the store and they have it ready when I arrive. I generally use their catalogue as a reference and then online shop to check prices. I have found cheaper elsewhere, and I have found more costly elsewhere. Across the board their prices are fair. On the other hand if it is for an RV or a boat we pay all the seller can get.
YA GOTTA PAY FOR YOUR FUN AND TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YA CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YA, AND I'M SPENDING MY KIDS INHERITANCE. I just might leave them in debt to pay for the funeral. At least they will remember me till the payments are finished. LOL
We've paid our post-death expenses and have a living trust. Now I just hope our funds last as long as we do - LOL

JoAnn
Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #9

I treat CW like a 7-11/Stop N Go convenience store. You wouldn't buy all your groceries there at their outrageous prices, but if you're stuck for a loaf of bread, you pay it. I have a CW 10 miles down the road from me, seldom go there. I buy almost everything on line and shop for the best delivered price.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Amazon has a great selection of camping stuff and if you sign up for Prime Shipping, you can ship all year for a single price. They also have next day for a small fee and will send a text to your cell phone when your shipment arrives.....I do like Camping World for their huge selection and have purchased quite a bit from them in the past. Their shipping fees are driving me away however,...
Old 02-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
I'm with those that find CW to be fair. Sometimes higher and sometimes lower. Because of shipping charges, I wait until a sale and take in the add and get the item for the same price as on the Internet site. In my travels, I come close to many CWs. Buying at one store and being able to return it at another store is a nice convenience.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I try and watch for specials. Here is a good one if you need a portable 30 amp surge protector:

Technology Research Corp - Surge Guard 30 Amp Portable Surge Protector - 34730-001-012 - Surge Protectors - Camping World
gmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #13

i try to support them as the alternative with them gone would be wally world or the net.
i appreciate the large selection and a staff that at least knows a little about rv"ing
Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I treat CW like KOA, pretty much of a last resort. If on sale, they are not too bad, but otherwise, very steep.

Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping