Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
Privacy Room

When I bought my used "88 Holiday Rambler, the previous owner left me a A & E Safari Room to enclose under my canopy. The MH has all the little doodads for attaching the room but for the life of me I can't figure out how to erect it. I understand that there are 3 walls (possibly 4 panels to allow for the door) but there are 2 poles with 3/4 inch long spikes at each end and springs where the poles pieces go together and a few little skirts (?) that I don't know where they go. Anyone have one of these rooms that can tell me how they go up and what the pieces are for and where they go?
Any and all help will be much appreciated.

1988 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35 ft.
Randy1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Been a long time since I used one of these, and it was probably not exactly the same, but I will tell you what I remember. Keep in mind ours was on a hard sided pop up.

We had Velcro around the awning and the room attached to that. Poles in the corners from the awning to the ground or maintain room shape, as for springs, etc. no clue ours were like tent poles. Small pieces should fill in between rv and ground to seal that space off from those hungry skeeters sneaking in that way. Snaps down the side of the camper to hold it there. We had tent stakes to hold everything down and in place while in use.

Hope this helps.

Mark and Cecelia still doing that "W" thing

markroblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:40 AM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like a Patty-O Room. I think that's how you spell it? Google it and see if you can find instructions.
AZGypsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
Patty-o Room

Tried Google - no luck.
1988 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35 ft.
Randy1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Newmar Owners Club
Try Googling "a&e patty o'room instructions"
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours