Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
I'm sorry, I missed my exit and didn't want to waste gas going to the next one, so thought I could just turn around there....

John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
Monaco Owners Club

Well, I am a newbie in the RV world and one of the reasons I am on this forum is to learn. However, I live in Florida and one thing I know is that RV's and sand don't mix well! If you go to Daytona Beach, there are areas you can drive on the beach, but there are also soft spots all along the beach. If you want to know where they are, just look for the wrecker trucks parked and waiting for the next victim!

sadrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #31
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Future

We live in nations (USA & Canada) where they have dropped the passing grade to 55%. Every generation worries about the next, but we now are not allowed to have a child to be held back because they might have their feelings hurt. This video may have been thought to be funny, but for the most part this was a true reflection of the knowledge that our teens have for their country.I hate to admit it, but I failed two grades in school. My life was not destroyed. I got through high school and went on to a career as a Civil Engineer after giving my country five years in the military. I had a Vice Principal at my high school that once stated to me. Michael, I don't give a damb if you receive your social security check in one hand and your high school graduation certificate in the other, you will graduate and you will become a success. Well he was the one who put that certificate in my hand, and I never looked back. I love that man. We are doing our youth a great injustice by not holding them accountable to a higher standard. A passing grade of 55% is not acceptable. Education is the future of our youth. Why are we allowing it to be watered down? I repeat, we are doing our youth a great injustice. I fail to see the humour of this video!

Akibase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #32
National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
All I can say is "Yikes"..to the MH trying to drive across the medium, why not wait for the next exit?! ...and to the youth of the future"Yikes" again.
2014 Gulf Stream Conquest Lite Model 218MB
2013 Chevy Traverse LT
ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #33
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The only question I couldn't answer was the first one. What is the capital of Washington State. The rest I got and I'm a Canadian
2010 Coachmen Freelander 30QB E450 V10
Have Kids Will Travel
Aguyfromcalg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #34
Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
It is easy to forget when "we" were 17---I just wonder how smart we appeared to our elders? I'm thinking it is fortunate we did not have "You Tube" then.

The RV photo proves some of us could not escape our teen years.
I agree wholeheartedly. As far as these kids being able to vote; they can't do any worse than any of the older generation has in the past. History bares that out.
Enough said.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #35
Am I the only one to see the irony in all of the spelling and punctuation errors in these posts about the video of stupid kids?

Sequim Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #36
The questions they were asked were not on the "No Child Left Behind" tests so consequently were not emphasized in elementary school. They have "more important" things to think about in high school.
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
QuietWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #37
Originally Posted by historyljc View Post
Hello sadrand, welcome to the forum. The must have been a former US Army 2nd Lieutenant. They'd do stupid things like that.
naw, he must be a navy officer. they are dumber than any thing on the planet
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #38
Monaco Owners Club
Gee I did that last week in my car!! Danged motorhome manufacturers anyway! I had tire pressure monitors, a 4 corner weigh, set the tire pressures accordingly,new steering stabilizer,koni shocks, a good GPS and this is what happens.

On another note years ago my daughter graduated with honors top of her class. The night of her grad. in conversation I asked who the Prime Minister of Canada was and she and her friend did not know that but could not tell me what the difference was between a Prime Minister and a Provincial Premier. She is now an RN and again finished in top few of her class. She is now in her 40's so this has been going on for years. Do we learn this stuff after leaving school? If so why is education costing more and more every year?
Dennis & Marcie & Hook The Jack Russell, 2001 HR Imperial 38wds 350 Cummins, 07 Chevy Trailblazer/Blue Ox/Ready Brake, 04 Dodge 3500 Cummins,
slickest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #39
His GPS made him do it. "Recalculating" When possible make a legal U turn" Make a U turn NOW!
GPS = Lying little TV.
An RV'r is someone driving a $300,000.00 Motorhome towing a $40,000.00 car and looking for a free place to park.
Stogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Stogie View Post
His GPS made him do it. "Recalculating" When possible make a legal U turn" Make a U turn NOW!
GPS = Lying little TV.
Stogie--you have the best signature line on the forum.
Sarah (RVM69), Hubby, and Harry the RVin' Dog
.......2012 Fleetwood Bounder 33C | 2012 Jeep Wrangler

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #41
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Sequim Guy View Post
Am I the only one to see the irony in all of the spelling and punctuation errors in these posts about the video of stupid kids?

Well I resemble that remark I browse using my IPad and the key board and bad eyes make it a challenge for the already challenged and spelling impaired.
2010 Damon Daybreak 3204 Sport, bunkhouse with Jeep Wrangler toad.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #42
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
so I wonder how the northern neighbors of Washington State feel about
being a STATE vice a country

USN Retired, Life time member of the DAV.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, no your eyes are fine, there are 6 slides
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote