Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2017, 05:45 AM   #1

problem to buy a RV

HI
We are french.We are not american resident.We just by a RV in texas a few days ago to spend some weeks by year (under 6 months ) in USA.As we have no adress in usa we made a LLC company in montana to register our RV.The insurance said us if you don't buy a car with RV we can't insure you.So we are actually in france and we call on phone cars sellers to buy jeep.But they said us if you haven't green card you can't buy an car in USA.Is it true because it is terrible for you because we have a RV but not insurance if we cannot buy a car
can somebody help us.I speak a bad english so if you speak french or better canadian it will be easier to understand.But even in english it will be good
HELP US PLEASE

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #2

Try Foremost insurance, Foremost. com I have my rv insured by them rv only.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:12 AM   #3
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2

Bonjour,

Je vais essayer de vous aider en faisant quelques appels téléphoniques plus tard aujourd'hui quand je reviendrai chez moi.

Cela m'aiderait à comprendre quel type de visa vous allez visiter aux États-Unis?

J'ai récemment acheté ma petite caravane et j'ai pu acheter une assurance pour mon VR sans acheter d'assurance pour ma voiture.

Actuellement, j'ai deux polices d'assurance distinctes pour chaque véhicule. Cela peut être mauvais dans un accident dans lequel vous devez travailler avec deux compagnies d'assurance différentes pour déposer une réclamation. Je ne peux pas imaginer à quel point cela serait difficile.

Je sais qu'un militaire britannique ne pouvait pas acheter un véhicule par le biais d'un prêt bancaire sans avoir un numéro de sécurité sociale. Très compliqué et je ne pense pas que tu devras faire ça pour acheter une voiture. Avez-vous pensé à acheter votre voiture auprès d'une banque française?

Je vais essayer de fournir une mise à jour plus tard aujourd'hui après mon retour du camping.

S'il vous plaît laissez-moi savoir si cette traduction Google fonctionne pour vous plutôt que de poster en anglais. Si vous préférez répondre en français, veuillez le faire, mais les autres membres qui pourraient vous aider sont moins familiers avec ce programme de traduction et ne seraient pas en mesure de vous aider avec vos questions et vos préoccupations.

PhB
Texas Ex '78, Mostly Used Retired USAF
PhB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I think I would suggest contacting the Montana lawyer you used to set up the Montana LLC. They should know the DMV laws better than anyone on an internet forum.

It's hard enough for a US Citizen to maneuver thru the different state's DMV maze, I can't imagine how difficult it is going to be for you..... or whether it is even possible.

Unless there is some reciprocity with France, I believe you will need to get a state drivers license, buy the vehicles, possibly inspect the vehicles (varies by state) before it can be registered in the state, insure the vehicles before it can be registered in the state, and possibly pass a written and drivers test for class B drivers license (state dependent, and whether the RV is over 26K lbs GGVWR).

Good luck.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:21 AM   #5
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
Try Escapees for a Texas address

https://www.escapees.com/support/mail-service

Translated for you from their web page:

Depuis 1985, Escapees Mail Forwarding Service aide les VR à temps plein et à temps partiel à répondre à tous leurs besoins d'expédition de courrier. En tant qu'agent de réception du courrier commercial sous licence, Escapees fournit le service le plus important et le plus économique pour les camping-cars dans le pays. Vous apprécierez d'être accueilli avec une attention amicale et personnelle à chaque fois que vous appelez.

Si vous ne savez pas comment utiliser google translate, c'est très simple. Dites-moi si vous avez déjà utilisé le programme Google Traduction. Il devrait vous aider avec toutes les traductions de l'anglais vers le français et du français vers l'anglais.

PhB
Old 10-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
PHB's English translation...........

I will try to help you by making a few phone calls later today when I come home.

Would it help me to understand what type of visa you are going to visit in the United States?

I recently bought my small caravan and was able to buy insurance for my RV without buying insurance for my car.

Currently, I have two separate insurance policies for each vehicle. This can be bad in an accident in which you have to work with two different insurance companies to file a claim. I can not imagine how difficult it would be.

I know that a British soldier could not buy a vehicle through a bank loan without having a social security number. Very complicated and I do not think you'll have to do that to buy a car. Have you thought about buying your car from a French bank?

I will try to provide an update later today after my return from camping.

Please let me know if this Google translation works for you rather than posting in English. If you prefer to answer in French, please do so, but other members who could help you are less familiar with this translation program and would not be able to help you with your questions and concerns.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #7
PhB

Jayco Owners Club
An old post, but may be informative

Tips for Overseas RV Visitors to the US

PhB
Old 10-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #8

Probably would be easiest if they came over and just rented an RV. I know they already bought, but seems like the rental would be way simpler. Now they are stuck possibly having to purchase a car too.
Dropthejacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Sorry I can't offer help with your problem. Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #10

Try Progressive Insurance for your RV.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
from the USA in WA State!

Sorry my high school French never was very good and 50+ years later it's non existent.
I think contacting the attorney that set up the LLC would be a good start as already stated.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #12

National General

And 6x16 has become 6x12 inside....
6x16inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:40 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
phb post
it says you need to get a ss # i don't think so
we have bank acounts and own a place
just state your home is overseas you do not live
in usa just visit