Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #1

Problem with renewing Good Sam Club

I renewed my Good Sam Club membership in February and received my new cards, except they both had the wrong name on them. Called the toll free number on the card and was promised new cards with my name corrected.

Got the new cards addressed to me but, the cards still have my correct membership number and the wrong name on them. Now I have two sets of membership cards with the wrong name.

Any idea who to contact that will get this right the next time? They did the same thing last year but it only took one call to get it corrected that time.

Since Camping World and Good Sam merged the whole organization is terrible to work with.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 03:44 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Sign up as you are a member here RV and post your question/problem on there, the Moderator's will help you out.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #3

Call again and immediately request to talk with a supervisor, explain your duplicate incorrect cards-again, and ask them to double check to see if your account has been compromised.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:30 PM   #4

At least you got cards, I never got any cards and they said they were not really needed as our phone number is in the system. They have been correct so far as wherever we have used our membership they just ask for our Phone Number and we show up as members.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 PM   #5

It's Good sam/CW I have come to expect this from them. By the way on my last purchase less than 10 days ago the cashier said "we use phone numbers now" ????? my card was not needed. So in the future all I guess you need is to over hear a number and your good to go ?
Old 03-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
At least you got cards, I never got any cards and they said they were not really needed as our phone number is in the system. They have been correct so far as wherever we have used our membership they just ask for our Phone Number and we show up as members.
I don't think that will work for discounts at campgrounds, they still want to see a card with your name on it.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I don't think that will work for discounts at campgrounds, they still want to see a card with your name on it.
No, we've actually done it at CG's too. They have an App I guess that is able to verify via telephone number, or they are a part of the CW computer system. We told them we didn't have cards but our number was in the system and they gave us the discount.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
My problem is that on line, they have my first name wrong.

My name is now "Jerry"
Old 03-23-2016, 07:27 AM   #9

Good luck on straightening out your problem. We've been trying to fix our problem for now 4 yrs. I have cards w/my name on & valid date which their computer states are expired, but they look up my wife's phone number & she has a valid membership with an address where we've never lived. Many, many phone calls with no fix. Then corrections at camping world, again waste of time. Screwed up organization, we gave up trying to correct their errors
jimws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:17 AM   #10

they have a worst info system i guess. one time in a cw their computer showed my membership expired so i had to pay full price but i knew it's not expired. i called the 800 number later the rep looked up his system and confirmed mine was valid.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
From the goodsamclub.com web site.

To change your name, please call member services toll-free at 1-866-205-7451
Old 03-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #12

I have given up trying to even get cards. The discount at camp grounds isn't worth the hassle for me.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:13 PM   #13

I am still amazed, even flabbergasted that this shoddy company is even still in business and buying out reputable RV businesses. Having Marcus show up at a business to show them how to run a company, I don't believe I could stop laughing !
Old 03-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #14

We were supposed to receive a three year Elite membership with the purchase of our Axis. After almost eleven months I started calling about receiving our cards. After 6 calls and 6 suppose attempts to send them to us I spoke with the manager. He said they would pull the cards "off the line" and send them. After not receiving them I called again (I'm retired and it was a mission now). He didn't know what the problem was. This time I asked they be sent FedEx. He was going to e-mail me the tracking number. No tracking number but did get the cards.

Each time I called I found information I had verified in previous calls was incorrect. In addition I'm now receiving my cousin's Good Sam junk mail.

I also have the Good Sam Roadside Assistance. My question to the club rep was "if you can't get my membership card to the right address how can you find me if I have a road emergency?"

Good luck.

Dennis and Carol