Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #1

I have tried to follow advice found in various areas of this forum and join the Yahoo forum specializing in Newmar owners issues. I fill out the information required and send it. I get back a message "Try again later" (their message # 999) I have, many times, over a period of days and with the same results. I sent a message to Yahoo and to date have not gotten an answer. Have others had the same problems, or am I just being treated like Rodney Dangerfield? Any information would be appreciated. By the way, this is my first message here, and I am really enjoying this site so far!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #2

I have tried to follow advice found in various areas of this forum and join the Yahoo forum specializing in Newmar owners issues. I fill out the information required and send it. I get back a message "Try again later" (their message # 999) I have, many times, over a period of days and with the same results. I sent a message to Yahoo and to date have not gotten an answer. Have others had the same problems, or am I just being treated like Rodney Dangerfield? Any information would be appreciated. By the way, this is my first message here, and I am really enjoying this site so far!

Old 03-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #3

Tried doing the same thing with the same results and finally gave up. I know I am a computer novice but it seems they are making it awfully hard to join.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I joined last fall, shouldn't have, constantly get interupted by add's popping up an now e-mails filling up my box . Can't get off once joined, came back here more peaceful an friendlier. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had like problems from a Yahoo board. Pop ups were bad and flooded with emails I did not want. Tok for ever to get rid of it all and my name removed from the board.

Ken
Old 03-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #6

I have had just the opposite results with Yahoo boards. I belong to 20 different Yahoo groups and have never had any problem joining or removing myself from the groups and I run a pop up blocker that blocks all of the pop adds that yahoo can throw at you.

Threevagabonds, one thing you should be aware of on the Newmar boards. There are 2 Newmar boards one called newmarowners and one called newmar_motorhome_gas. The first is almost 100% for DP but there is occasionally information that apply to gas owners the second group is 100% for gas Newmar owners

CAD-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:45 AM   #7

I agree with CAD-MAN the pusher group is much more active.I found it difficult to get around.This site is much better with Workhorse represented and all RV needs right here. Jerry Logan
Old 03-09-2005, 05:04 AM   #8

I havn't had any problems getting on the Newmar forums at Yahoo, been active on the Yahoo forum for little over a year.
I haven't notice an increase in pop-up's from Yahoo.
The Newmar Owners forum whether Diesel or Gas is very active but hard to navigate, not as user friendly as the IRV2 forum set-up. Ed S
Old 03-09-2005, 06:46 AM   #9

Did you have your computer setup to accept cookies? I have no problems, until I delete my temporary cookies, then I have to allow cookies to be accepted in order to sign back on.

2004 DSDP 3807, 370HP Spartan
tmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #10

I am impressed! I thought I might recieve one or two responses to my post. Thank you all for your thoughts on my problem with Yahoo. I sure don't want more junk mail, but am looking for as much information as I can get regarding making an informed choice of what to buy to replace my last MH. I have heard almost all good reports about the Newmar(dp) brand, but want to learn as much as I can.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:04 PM   #11

Threevagabonds, just a side note. In 3 years of belonging to various Yahoo groups and the Newmar Groups in particular, I have never once received "junk" mail because of my membership to these groups. The groups I belong to range from Ham Radio, to Digital Photography, to Rv's to GPS's and Police Scanners.

Old 03-10-2005, 04:48 AM   #12

Thanks. I have tried again to join, with the same xxx message appearing. (Try again later. #999) Someone mentioned "cookies". I think I know what they are for (recognition?) but I have searched for a way to manage them (on or off) and I can't seem to find how to do that. Should I be attempting this, or just go away silently into the night.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:29 AM   #13

If you are using Netscape:
1 Click on Edit at the top of the window
2 Select Preferences
3 When new window opens select Privacy & Security
4 Select Cookies
5 Click on Allow Cookies Based On Privacy Settings then click on the View button next to you selection and set Privacy Settings to medium and click OK
6 Click on Accept Cookies Normally

If you are using IE:
1 Click on Tools the Internet Options then click on the Privacy Tab.
2 Set Privacy to medium by sliding the little bar up and down.
3 Then click the Advanced button and click on the Override automatic cookie handling and click on the accept radio buttons.

That should allow cookies to be accepted

Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
You shouldn't have a problem with Yahoo spam or with popups once you get your account set up. I belong to several groups and even own one and have yet to have problems. The advantage of the Yahoo groups is that you can choose to get your messages as email or on the member page. Email is easier because you don't have to log in. As for not being able to set up your account. Check your internet options to make sure you have it set to accept Yahoo and cookies.

Nedra is offline   Reply With Quote