Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"
Newmar Owners Club
They still have some issues going on. I've had Coach Net for over 8 years. Last year when I renewed, their plans had changed and their new plans didn't correspond with their old plans. I called them and they explained the difference. This shouldn't have been an issue. If you change a plan, show what the new equivalent will be.

After I paid for my new plan, I waited for my new card. I keep all the old ones in a folder and throw out the old one when the new one arrives. I never received a new one. I called their office and they said they don't automatically issue cards anymore with renewals. As I get older and I'm sure others will agree, I like to have a card with current dates because I don't always remember when I last paid something. I also like to have some physical proof of my payment so what happened to the OP doesn't happen to me in an emergency.

I'm hoping they're financially okay, as often this behavior is a foreshadow of financial issues.

Don & Mary
2014 Newmar Dutch Star - All Electric - 450 ISL
2016 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM   #16
I love Coach-Net and renewed for another 3 years. During the last blast from the "Polar Vortex", my daily driver wouldn't start - battery needed a boost. Same with a neighbour. Neighbour had CAA and was told a 2 hour wait. Coach-Net had a guy to me in 10 minutes and off I went to work while he was still waiting.

dieharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
I spoke with them while at the Tampa show to discuss an issue I had last year. The response I got was that "they are aware of several issues that have cropped up since moving the call center. They are experiencing a lot of employee turnover, and are looking at ways to address this". This leads me to believe that they are aware of problems, and are working to fix them. I hope they can get them fixed.
95 Newmar Kountry Star, Spartan Chassis, Venice, Fla
C-PHartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #18
To those that talked of being sure to have a Coach-Net card, I recommend that you have the Coach-Net download on your smart phone. Not only does it give all your information for you, but pinpoints your position via the GPS function of your phone. Works great!

Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:14 AM   #19
Fleetwood Owners Club
May they be a reason FMCA no longer have them as their ERS option?
99 Discovery 34Q ISB
2014 MKS AWD EcoBoost Toad
Fulltime Since "99"
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #20
As a member of FMCA they sent me an email three weeks ago announcing the new company to replace Coach-Net. Well a week ago I went to FMCA website to start service and that new vendor has already shut down. Checked again yesterday and still shut down. Will sign up soon with Coach-Net.
2016 Dutch Star 4369
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #21
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any company that involves humans will make mistakes.

What the company does when an error occurs is the important thing.

Sounds to me that Coach Net did the right thing here. I am happy to be a member.
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
We have 2 cards, Thom carries one and I have the other. I also keep an extra copy of just about every key for the vehicles and stuff. Thom has on several occasions forgotten or lost keys ...... he knows and has gotten better but I still keep copies of things like this .....
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:56 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club

I called Coach-Net the next morning and explained that a three-year renewal on 1/20/2014 shouldn't expire in 2016. The nice young lady that I was speaking to agreed, excused herself and put me on hold for maybe two minutes, and came back apologizing for their clerical error. It's fixed ...
2012 Itasca Meridian 36M
2012 Jeep Wrangler
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks for the update Thom. Gives DW and I a greater since of comfort knowing Coach Net is a very reputable company.

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote