Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Problems With Coach-Net

I have heard many good things about Coach-Net and have used the service once and was very satisfied with the help they provided, however I'm not having a good experience with Coach-Net right now.

We left on a 6 week trip in the Motor-home at the end of October and couldn't find our member card or number. We called Coach-Net to get the information just in-case we had any problems on the road. Coach-Net told us, after checking our names and VIN that we didn't have coverage. This shocked us because we thought we did have coverage. Not wanting to be on the road without it we signed up again, however they told us that our Gold plan was no longer available. We would have to sign up for the platinum plan at $159 yearly, which we did.

Now fast forward to last week and we get a renewal e-mail for the policy we thought we had, but were told we didn't by Coach-Net. Our early bird Gold plan renewal rate was $89 for our original plan that renews in April. We contacted Coach-Net and explained to them the situation as described above. They told us that the person we spoke to made a mistake and that they would take our October payment of $159 and apply it to our renewal and we would be covered until April of 2015. We explained that that wasn't satisfactory since we paid $159 for something that should have cost $89 and that they needed to extend our coverage to April 2016 or refund the difference between the $159 we paid and the $89 we should have paid.

After speaking with a supervisor we were told they would look into it and get back to us. We are still waiting for that call!

Anyone else have any billing / membership issues? Hopefully I'm the only one.

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #2

I suppose it's like running in a pack of cars, all speeding, but only one gets pulled over. When asked why one they were pulled over, the explanation was "I guess it was your turn."

Ed

Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #3

... so the moral of the story is:

Don't loose your CoachNet card!

Sorry, really not trying to make light of your situation. Just stay on them.

For future reference, I keep the CoachNet phone number and my Membership number programmed in my iPhone contacts. I don't even know where the card is.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope, all good. We just renewed for 2015!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did a three year renewal in April. I cxl'd my coverage ( no longer needed) and my pro rata refund was sent within one week . I'd stay on them. You should be fine ( hopefully ).

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

I do not yet have a coachnet card. I have the payment acknowledgement email with our account number, etc. And registered our vehicle on our online acct.

Also signed on to the mobil app.

Best wishes for a good solution to your issue!

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile

Follow Up to my post of a few hours ago.

I also posted this issue on Coach-Net's Facebook page and they responded on the FB page within an hour of my post. They let me know that the Member Services Manager would call me today.

The Coach-Net Member Services Manager called me before I saw their response. He called within minutes of their written response on FB. Coach-Net said it was entirely their fault and refunded my October payment that resulted in double coverage and added 3 months free to my current Gold plan, which now renews in June at the gold rate!

I'm satisfied with what I believe to be a fair solution to the problem.

Ed, like you said, I guess it was my turn, but next time let it be somebody else's turn.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the update. I knew they would do the right thing.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:21 PM   #9

That is really excellent news. CoachNet has always done right by me, so I would have been very surprised if this had not been sorted out in short order.

My sympathies for having gone through the frustration.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
What I expected! Thanks for the follow up. Coach Net is an asset to the RV community!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #11

Way to go Coach Net!!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:27 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm glad you posted this thread!

I went to the Tampa RV show last weekend. At the Coach-Net booth I renewed for three years at the show special price. Because of this thread, I just looked at the website and it shows my renewal date as 1/2016. That's only two years! I reckon I need to get on the phone in the a.m.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This was not the kind of thread I expected when I read the subject line.

For the benefit of others... I sometimes read complaints about the service side.. Coach Net does not provide roadside assistance DIRECTLY but like AAA in days of old (Today AAA sometimes does provide service directly, sometimes read on) they have contracts with "Local" providers. For example Gouch and Sons towing in Detroit.

Now, that's a good company, they have well trained drivers, good equipment but... When it comes to pulling a 38 foot motorhome stuck in the sand.. The dispatcher needs a bit of training. (Sent a truck too small).

Still, between his strong back (The tow truck) and my strong mind (I'm not kidding) we got 'er done.

But I only had to re-write a page or two of the tow-truck operator's manual so as to multiply the power of his truck.

Thankfully.. The skills needed to do that are EXACTLY part of my college Major.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #14

Coach net is indeed a valued asset to the RV community, it should not be necessary for a member to take steps of posting their miss handleing a problem to resolve an issue that was obviously a Coach Net error.