Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #43

Same story here. You simply have to change companies every two years.
I went from 1250. Thru good sam, to759. Thru FMCA. End result was Safeco now vs National General before.
Check every year. You will always get a better price when they are trying to get your business.
ncbeachbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #44

I got my bill yesterday from Good Sam's (National General) and the rate went up $215 (14%). I have my car with Geico, so I will check with them first.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 01:22 PM   #45

Credit scores do have a lot to do with the premium processing. That being said, your personal scores may fluctuate. So if at policy renewal your score is lower it may have put you into a different premium catagory? I'm not saying that this is the controlling factory.
Thanks [emoji4]
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #46

I questioned my insurance company last year when they raised the rate on my daily driver by a percentage that I thought was a little excessive (17%). The RV on the same policy only increased by $5 for the year.

Aside from the standard excuse that they generally give you that parts and repair rates are constantly increasing, regardless of the age of the vehicle, I found it interesting that they also told me that more and more people are suing, even for minor fender benders, and the costs associated with either settling or fighting these cases, are driving up policy premiums.

That argument made total sense to me, as most of the prime-time commercials on tv these days, at least in these parts, are bottom-feeding personal injury attorneys. They are marginally exceeded by the pharmaceutical companies in number of commercials, but not by much.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #47

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Had Progressive for the last two years. This year the rate went up 40%...no claims, no tickets, same coverage. Got much cheaper rates through Good Sam. They call around for the best rates for the required coverage, dropped Progressive.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #48

For Fulltimer's insurance on our motorhome, Progressive raised our rate $1000 to almost $3000 for the second year. We declined and went with National General for RV and toad for less than Progressive was before the increase.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #49

This morning I renewed our Progressive policy with a full payment for .92% of the agreed value. This was an increase of about $200 from last year.

Before I did this I checked with Geico and got a quote for 1%.
RonLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #50

I just switched over from Progressive to Safeco and it was about $250 less for the year, with the same coverage.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote