Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #1

Progressive Industries RV Power Protection

We were getting ready to connect the rig to power after a days drive, when we noticed some damage on our Progressive Industries EMS-PT50. Evidently, it took some sort of substantial hit (strike, surge, whatever) at our last stop. It still seemed to work OK, but it did have melted plastic at one of the line lug holes and the case looked a bit melted/deformed at the seam.

Called Progressive Industries and they told us to send it in so they could look at it

We sent it in. Heard nothing from them for about 10 days until FedEx came-a-knockin' with a NEW unit from PI. No bill, just a new unit.

Called and asked why no bill. "Covered under warranty" was the reply.

Our PT50 has "saved" us numerous times, including detecting missing grounds and neutrals. It is impossible to say how much electrical damage our rig would have suffered without it, but we're positive there would have been. It has become something we won't do without and we were prepared to buy another if this one was beyond economical repair.

Progressive Industries obviously makes an excellent product that performs exactly as advertised. It is probably unnecessary to say what we think of their Customer Service, but will anyway...OUTSTANDING!

Thanks Progressive Industries!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #2

Great news, a quailty product with great service. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Progressive Industries surge protectors are the best IMO. I would not leave home without it. I did last year, had a severe power surge due to lightening strike near my MH and the cost was around $1200.00 to fix what was fried. Never again will I hook my MH up unless I have the PI surge guard. They make a great product and they stand behind it, now that is customer service.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wonderful product, wonderful service.
I never leave home without it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That's the kind of service that the best reputable manufacturers give.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Wonderful product, wonderful service.
I never leave home without it.
Now we know where to get a surge protector when we need one next time. Word of mouth - you can't beat it!

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Helmic,
Bring you bolt cutters along. I chain mine to the pedestal.

Hee hee!

I'm going to amplify on Progressive Industries. When I had the 5th wheel I purchased the PT50C (That's the portable one) think that should I sell the 5er, or trade, i could take the PT50C with me. Well that plan worked.

We were in Mayport, FL in the 5er. Had the PT50C for about 6 months. We were not getting any power off of one leg. I called Progressive Industries, talked with technicians, explained in detain what was happening. Put back to the customer service, and two days later I had a new PT50C and a RMA to send the old one back.

Moving on, had a problem in the motorhome. This was somewhere in year two. Called progressive. Send it in. Got it back in 5 days and an explanation of what was wrong. Bad seal on cord going into box.

All of this speedy service with without cost to me except for the second time shipping the unit back to them.

The Progressive Industries PT50C has protected my system(s) several times from surges, drops (brown-out), polarity, and other power problems at the pedestal.
If something were to go wrong with the one I have now, I would not hesitate to purchase another one. However, I'll bet that they will fix it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Excellent product with excellent customer service. Best insurance money you can spend on your RV.
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Three years ago after seeing a high end MH hook up to 50 AMP and blow out one of their air conditioners, a television and some other stuff due to a bad neutral, I purchased a Progressive EMS. It saved me last year in a 35 year old Corp. of Eng., park with old wiring.
I just received my Progressive PT 50C for my new RV. I won't leave home or hook up without it. I like the low voltage cut off that will help save my air conditioner compressor. Many of the older COE campgrounds with old wiring just can't deliver enough power sometimes in the middle of summer with a park full of 50 AMP double A/C units running full force.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #10

I forgot to mention in the OP that we have stayed at 80+ RV parks of varying age and condition in the 3 years since we bought the PT50C. That a lot of opportunity for things to go wrong.

Steve
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Covered under warranty... Ah, those are the best words you can hear

Damage to the case can come from non-electrical causes by the way. Just so you know.

Damage to the plug or outlet.. IS fairly common, Most RV dealers sell pigtails which replace not only the plug but the short cord, easy job to do it. 3-4 screws plus a cable clamp. all color coded.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #12

Just got my EMSHW-50C in the mail yesterday going to install it
today also brought a new female connector for the end of
my 50amp power cord.
Like that made in America Progressive Industries
Old 03-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I've had my HW30C for over 3 years. The remote started flashing 888. I called Progressive and told them. They said no problem, they would mail me the part to fix it and to send the old part back. I'm waiting on it now.

Love to buy from companies like Progressive Industries.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #14

Our EMS30 took a hit so bad it melted together inside. Called Progressive Industries and they said to send it in... got a brand new back in about 5 days. No charge. They definitely have great customer service.

Tags
power