Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Progressive RV Insurance

I’ve been reading posts for the past year that Progressive was raising their rates. I was wondering if I would be facing the same fate come this November. Well my renewal arrived last week and sure enough, my premium increased by more than $300, even though I have a spotless driving record with zero claims. I began gathering quotes from several companies specializing in RV insurance. Ultimately, my hometown insurance agent found me the best rate. I secured coverage from Allied Insurance, an affiliate of Nation Wide, for $100 less than I was paid last year for my Progressive policy.

So as it turns out, Progressive did me a favor by hiking up my premium. I’ll now be paying less for identical coverage.

Thanks Progressive!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #2

just renewed mine last week it went down a few dollars a lot has to do with your location i live in country south of ft worth when i was in the metroplex it was more
dave
whem2fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig P. View Post
I’ve been reading posts for the past year that Progressive was raising their rates. I was wondering if I would be facing the same fate come this November. Well my renewal arrived last week and sure enough, my premium increased by more than $300, even though I have a spotless driving record with zero claims. I began gathering quotes from several companies specializing in RV insurance. Ultimately, my hometown insurance agent found me the best rate. I secured coverage from Allied Insurance, an affiliate of Nation Wide, for $100 less than I was paid last year for my Progressive policy.

So as it turns out, Progressive did me a favor by hiking up my premium. I’ll now be paying less for identical coverage.

Thanks Progressive!

Craig

Mine went down by $11.00 this time...

8.1 Workhorse w/UltraPower,Taylor 409 plug wires,AC Delco 41-993 Plugs and OEM Engineering Fuel Filter Adaper
stubeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #4

Mine remained the same.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #5

Mine actually went down 45.00 how about that for a surprise.
pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #6

I'm still looking for a cheaper rate on two cars and an RV. This greed has got to stop.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
The rates dropped for 3 people and stayed the same for one and you call that greed - amazing. Because of the competitive market the OP got a much lower rate by shopping around, so something was "done."

That is the way a competitive market works and that will take care of any "greed" that may exist.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:37 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
We also have Allied through our Nationwide agent. We've been happy with them, our rate also went down this last time !
blackf3504dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:09 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Our local agent shops for us. Been with them for years. If any of our policies increase we can give them a call and they will try to find a cheaper alternative. We have checked their work by calling around and haven't really found any substantially better deals. Do have to keep them honest with a call once in a while though.

Currently we are also with progressive through our agent so thanks for the heads up on the increase.

BTW Progressive has road side assistance with our policy so check yours to see if you pay for a different one.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Mine went up, second year in a row. I shopped around and Progressive still had the best rate for me. I did call them and got them to reduce the premium by about $75 per year because I'm also a homeowner.
CaptPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We just purchased our first motorhome and I purchased temporary insurance (to take delivery) from Progressive.com. I have since checked with my local rep and we are now covered under Nationwide for $600 a year less then Flo & her boss wanted.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have been with GMAC for 4 1/2 years and the 6 month price is the same now as the day I started. Not sure why some get price increases and others don't.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:21 AM   #13

They have to pay Flo and that little Geico gecko and the smooth talking Allstate guy a lot to play their commercials repetitively and endlessly on every TV channel, and guess who ultimately pays for them? My independent agent quoted me regular Progressive for hundreds less than Progressive.com and regular Hartford for little more than half of AARP Hartford for the same coverage. Shop, shop, shop around, or throw some of your unwanted money my way.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:59 PM   #14

Our insurance is up for renewal in a month so I will be watching for it and if it goes up I will be trying some of the other companies that provide fulltimers coverage. I have never even checked to see if I have roadside assistance with my Progressive policy, I'll check that and see if I need to renew that in January, it'll be nice if that is part of my policy!
realRVvilla is offline   Reply With Quote