Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Many places we stayed did not have propane delivery. We solved the problem by getting a Stay a While tee and a 30 pound tank. It is easy to install and allows the use of an external tank which you can take to a place that fills propane tanks. The Stay a While also has a port and hose that lets you connect your grill so you on't have to mess with little bottles.
Another brand is Extend a Stay and Camco also makes one. The two brands mentioned first have some safety features like check valves that I think are important. The other brands out there (Camco and others) may also have them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2016, 01:54 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Here in New York I don't know the law even if there is one. I asked the delivery guy when he was filling by 500gl house tank if he could top off my MH. He did it no questions
asked, and has been doing it for the last 3 years. If there is a law about it here he might just be ignoring it.

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Cactus propane used to deliver in our park. Purchased by Amerigas and the same trucks will not fill tanks that were consistently filled previously.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #18
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same experience here with Amerigas. It's been at least two years ago. Wasn't happy about it, but I got over it.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
interesting as i just ask my local propane company if they would fill my RV when they came out to do my tank next week. Was told they could not do that because the RV used a high pressure fill line instead of the lower pressure delivery of a House propane tank. I live in OKLA, so not sure what the state laws are but that is what i was told. Now i will have to drive to a Pilot station or find another source, but either way i am driving to get my propane fill.
Who is your supplier?
I live in OKC. Earnhart fills my house tank. Then I fill my own motorhome tank, via 100lber.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #20

There are local ordinancs in many areas as well as company policies. We are volunteering in VA and the refuge wanted to have a tank installed for our winter heating needs. Neither local company will even install the tank because it was attached to an RV. No reason, just no!!So we are using several portable tanks and an extend-a-stasy hookup.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Your propane company is blowing BS
House propane tank.......MH propane tank
Other than physical size/capacity--------SAME
Same FILL (liquid).
Same components (Vapor/service valve, relief valve, gauge, liquid level etc)
Horsepucky
I agree Biscuit, i am going to ask my delivery guy when he shows up. The fill valve on my 40 gal RV tank is exactly the same as my 500 gal home tank.
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by malexander View Post
Who is your supplier?
I live in OKC. Earnhart fills my house tank. Then I fill my own motorhome tank, via 100lber.
ferrellgas propane, so you have a small 100 lb tank you get filled then use your own hose to fill your RV from it?
Fleetwood Bounder 35K 2016, Ford V-10, F53(2015 chassis),RayZor HD, Wineguard Dish SAT, Roadmaster -- steering Stabilizer, Front & rear Sway Bars, SCT 5 Star tuner, Tireminder TM66 TPMS, Banks Ram Air intake, EZE Tow Dolly
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quartzsite, Az.
We were just told yesterday that the guy that brought propane to our resort/park Quite his Job so there is no one to drive the truck. I see a place down the Hwy that will deliver @ $1.99 a gallon or pound. We still have 1/2 tank so we have some time to see if he gets replaced or I will take the toad down the Hwy to see about the delivery down there. Either way $1.99 is better than the $3.09 we paid at the last fill up.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Dean View Post
ferrellgas propane, so you have a small 100 lb tank you get filled then use your own hose to fill your RV from it?

Actually, I fill my 100lb off of my 500 gallon house tank, via the "wet valve". Then fill the motorhome from the 100lber. I have to turn the 100 upside down in order to get the liquid out of it.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:26 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I too, use the extend-a-stay with a separate 30 pound tank. We often use our motorhome for guests when they come to the house so I just refill the 30 pounder and always have gas in the main tank if we take an unexpected trip. Last year while living in our rv for 8 months in central georgia, the 0ropane truck would come every two weeks and drive through the campground filling anybody that needed it.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:12 AM   #26

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Here in Ontario Canada there is a law against "mobile to mobile transfer". This I believe is due to grounding issues.

There was a large explosion and fire in a large metrolpolitian area (Toronto) a few years back when there was a truck to truck transfer taking place at a propane distribution centre. Injuries and major property damage. Then all of a sudden a law against this.
RoscoeAndTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Error,
They don't deliver down the HWY. Then why dose his sign @ the front of his Bldg. says he does?
Found out at the Office there will be a sign up sheet for Propane. $2.89
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
prpane delivery

Went ahead and got hookups and a couple of 30lb tanks, our propane co. says it doesn't pay for them to deliver to motorhomes. We will fill our on board tank when we take the rig out for exercise. It's a pain but no other propane co. in the area will deliver either.

Tags
propane