Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Propane hook-up Question

I Have a 2003 Bounder 38N. We wintered at an RV park in Peoria, IL. I had a propane company come out and hook-up a large tank because we needed more fuel than the motor home tank could supply.
We are now at a new RV park for the summer and I can't find a propane supplier that will come to the park to fill my motor home tank. They will set a tank and then come to the park to refill it. This would be convenient except they have to get under the motor home and disconnect my tank to hook-up theirs. That means if I want to leave the park to go on any trips they would have to come out and disconnect the tank each time. Not so convenient. My question...Has anyone been in this situation before and if so did you find a simple solution to this problem? Can a quick connect be tied into my piping? Is there any other way around this.
As always your comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Larry
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #2

I was able to teee off the heater line and run a quick connect fitting to the outside. works great for the BBQ and could easily put a line from the big tank into it after its regulator. ED
Ed ke6bnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
I wintered in PA once. Granted I have a trailer with 40# propane tanks, but the JPG dealer used the same type connector as the 40# tank has so that I could just connected the regulator hose to it. All I would have had to do is turn the 100gallon tank off, unhook the hose and drop it from the cabinet.

However, yours is a bit different situation. Find out if there are any other LPG suppliers in the area. Where I stay in PA there are 3 companies. One of them may be able to come out to top off you coach tank. Here in TX a local LPG company comes out every Friday and fills trailer portable tanks as well as motorhome tanks. So it is possible.
Roam America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Community Administrator

I'm confussed . If you are now at your summer spot and won't be needing to heat with propane . Why can't you unhook and go outside the park to fill up?

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Go with the Extend-a-stay.. They can provide a fitting that matches the inlet hose of the Extend-a-stay adapter, and you simply hook up and unhook from that fitting,, Just what that fitting is TODAY. I don't know, Mine (An older model) is a Prest-O-Lite (POL) fitting,

The Extend-a-stay is designed for use on short tanks (Say 20-50 pound) but with a high pressure line ending in the proper fitting will work with any tank.

Tags
propane