Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #15
RVM99

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Don't seem to have a problem with strange people sitting at my picnic table.
Nice Larry, I love it…

bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:13 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
None of this is upsetting.. More surprised by people's inconsiderate behavior.....another example.. We were at the beach area here having a little lunch.. And my wife decided to take a swim.. Well there is no walking in.. There is a ladder and a rather large 3 step platform.. Well when my wife was entering the water she slipped on the ladder and twisted her ankle.... So she swam for a bit and tried to leave via the the larger 3 step platform.. But a Hispanic family had setup chairs there ... As my wife approached the mother tells the son in Spanish to move and let my wife pass.. Then the son a man in his mid 50 tells his mother let her go around to he ladder we are comfortable..My wife says excuse me and the man ignores her...Once again his Mother ask the man to move and let my wife by and once again he says "No We are comfortable.".. I had to get up walk over to the family and ask them to please please let my wife by.. The guys response was I don't speak English.. At which time I explained to him in Spanish( I'm Hispanic) that he either moves as his mother asks and lets my wife pass or I move him either way works for me...All of a sudden there's no problem and he speaks English...

Old 06-26-2015, 09:36 PM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As far as I'm concerned until check out I own the camp site so get off my lawn!

I also respect other camper's privacy and instruct any guests I might have to do the same.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
It's not really a shoreline.. More like a cement retaining wall... Regardless.. Just found it unusual to find these people sitting less than a foot from my bumper and under my awning ..... I don't mind saying.. I'm at Fiesta Key resort been here for over a week all was good we basically had the place to ourselves.. But people started arriving last night and this place has become really crowded... The sites are right on top of each other and staggered.. So my neighbors sewer pipe is under my awning...lol

And get this.. We watched two guys go to a site 3 rigs up and take there sites picnic bench..
I have stayed here and I can tell you when it fills up it is ridiculous. You will not find any help from management. They do not even know who is registerd, it is mass confusion. You could drive in and park stay free and they would never know. I was there New Years and it was a disaster.

I will never stay there again
Old 06-27-2015, 08:47 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hate to say it but some campers just don't get "IT"? We're actually in the same position right now. (State Park in Ohio) we reserved a huge waterfront site 6 months ago. There is a large family outing with about 4-5 tents two sites over. Maybe 25 kids and adults. First thing their dog does is come over to our site and do his business. The little kids yells "mom the dog just went poop over here". You would think the parent would come over and clean it up. Even though they have access to swim in the lake from their campsite the kids keep coming over to ours and swim from our site.

But what I'm most fearful of is all the riding and throwing toys being used right in front of my truck. It happens that this is the same group we ran into two years ago. The soccer balls and frisbee's kept hitting my SUV. One clunk did indeed make a nice scratch in the fender. So far OK with that. More motorized scooters this time than soccer balls. With the motorized scooters I'm fearful the 3 year old riding one that is way to much for her to handle and she runs into the side of my new truck.

We have been here all week. They just arrived on Thursday, so only one more day to put up with the noise. Actually feel sorry for the couple next to us who is closer to their party.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:23 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like some scenes out of a National Lampoon movie.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I suggest using this around your site.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
It does seem that there are no limits on some peoples behaviour.....I think its likely because society doesn't call misbehaving/rude people on their stuff. So the behaviour continues and probably gets worse.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:43 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nope - I hear EXACTLY what you are saying.

Privacy and solitude are a thing of the past, unless you work really hard to find it.

I've gone into parks with generally one of two shifting mindsets.

1 I want privacy - and it irritates me when others invade it.
2 I'm not feeling private today, and I'm relaxed and cool about it, even inviting people to invade my space.

I flip flop on the two based on my mood for the day. BUT I always think it's rude when someone else obviously takes zero consideration for your privacy. Sitting at your own campsite table under your awning is too far by all stretches.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:08 PM   #24

Official iRV2 Sponsor

As has been said in previous posts, the park's management has responsibility for setting standards and enforcing them. If they don't then they can count on me not to come back and to make my opinions known to others on sites such as RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

Some parks are criticized as having too many rules, but IMO it's like the words from Robert Frost's poem "Good fences make good neighbors." Having rules that are enforced sets limits to behaviors. Those rules would not be necessary if everyone was courteous, but, since they're not, the rules provide the "fence" that establishes limits.

As an example, the park where we spend the winter is on the beach at Port Aransas TX so it is subject to crowds during spring break. Despite the fact that the park can't control what happens beyond its property lines, it sure can enforce them within it. Last spring I observed that a young child was driving a golf cart around the grounds. By the time I had decided that it wasn't going to stop and needed to be reported, I was told, "Don't worry, we're already taking care of it." That's why I will continue to go back to that park.
docj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I love animals but don't have any right now. We always cleaned up after our animals and respected anyone else's property and the factor that they had a right to not have our animal's mess or noise bother them.

Neighbor got a dog and every time it needed to poop it seemed to feel our yard was the best place. I talked to them twice. I happen to be able to lob their dogs poop from my yard with a shovel right on their back deck. A week of him stepping out on his deck and stepping in his dog's poop seemed to resolve the issue. I also did this when he was sitting there. He would go outside, let his dog come to my yard and make no attempt to stop his dog from pooping in my yard so I made no attempt to hide what I was doing. He started to say something first time he saw me and I said, I don't own a dog so when it poops in my yard I am returning your property to you.

Doesn't happen anymore. He keeps his dog home and I don't step in poop. I would do the same at campsite. May be crude, but some people need incentive to get my point.

You will never have to worry about me as a neighbor. Lynne
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 01:28 PM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
.....The guys response was I don't speak English.. At which time I explained to him in Spanish( I'm Hispanic) that he either moves as his mother asks and lets my wife pass or I move him either way works for me...All of a sudden there's no problem and he speaks English...
I resemble that story!

We were camping at Campland on the Bay, in San Deigo, CA one fine holiday weekend. The place was a madhouse, completely booked and tons of people.

They have a small swimming beach adjacent to the campground and everyone sets up 10x10 EZ-ups to stake out their claim along the shoreline.

Well, we were last minute arrivals and did not stake a claim on shore, so we were floating in the water on air mattresses. My toehead son has to go to the restroom and needs to get through one of the EZ-ups, FAST! He heads to the closest one, a Mexican family with two rude teenage sons did not want to let him through.

I heard the father and mother telling their sons in Spanish to act right and not only let him through, but help him by clearing a path. The sons ignored their parents.

I swam over, (I am of Basque/Spanish heritage and can speak Spanish with the arrogant Castilian lisp..... when it's advantageous).

So, I asked the sons to listen to thier parents, (in fine extra-lispy Castilian Spanish). Their eye bugged out!

That evening, the two sons found our site, (out of many-many hundreds in this crowded resort). They came to apologize to my son. They had a case of cold Dos Equis beer in tow in a wagon sent by their father. And, they said that their mother and father wanted my family to join them for dinner. We did, it was a fabulous carne asada grilled feast. We are friends with the family ever since and meetup several time a year!!

Stay thirsty my friends! <---see what I did there
Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachDude View Post
I resemble that story!

We were camping at Campland on the Bay, in San Deigo, CA one fine holiday weekend. The place was a madhouse, completely booked and tons of people.

They have a small swimming beach adjacent to the campground and everyone sets up 10x10 EZ-ups to stake out their claim along the shoreline.

Well, we were last minute arrivals and did not stake a claim on shore, so we were floating in the water on air mattresses. My toehead son has to go to the restroom and needs to get through one of the EZ-ups, FAST! He heads to the closest one, a Mexican family with two rude teenage sons did not want to let him through.

I heard the father and mother telling their sons in Spanish to act right and not only let him through, but help him by clearing a path. The sons ignored their parents.

I swam over, (I am of Basque/Spanish heritage and can speak Spanish with the arrogant Castilian lisp..... when it's advantageous).

So, I asked the sons to listen to thier parents, (in fine extra-lispy Castilian Spanish). Their eye bugged out!

That evening, the two sons found our site, (out of many-many hundreds in this crowded resort). They came to apologize to my son. They had a case of cold Dos Equis beer in tow in a wagon sent by their father. And, they said that their mother and father wanted my family to join them for dinner. We did, it was a fabulous carne asada grilled feast. We are friends with the family ever since and meetup several time a year!!

Stay thirsty my friends! <---see what I did there
Good story just to illustrate that there are lots of good people out there camping who know how to behave and live accordingly.

Just too bad we have to interface with the bad ones and they seem to get all the publicity,

As we travel the road of life just do not sweat the small stuff, things that will pass. Life is just too short and fleeting. Seek out the best in all people and you will find it. Should you seek the worst in people, unfortunately, you will find that also.

Over the years I have encountered all of the various types of camper, and it is far better to let the management handle all problems. If those problems cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, always remember, your RV has wheels on it and they should be used when it's prudent to do so.

Happy Camping to All