Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Proper etiquette ?..

Wondering what is the correct behavior for campers...We are at a encore location and am amazed at the way people are acting and being allowed to act... Maybe I'm expecting to much..

First.. The last 3 nights we have had rigs setting up around us a 2-3am....I wouldn't mind if they pulled in and shut it off.. But the last one arrived at 3:20am and spent over an hour trying to park there rig and yelling back and forth...

Second..we have a water view site.. So the other night I here my dog growling and get up to take a look.. And I find an entire family sitting behind my rig fishing while the kids are sitting at my picnic table under my awning..... Didn't even know what to say....I just took the dog out and they left...

Third ....The carts.... They drive the carts right along the back side of our site to get access to the water ..Then slowly back out... One of them actually got off the cart and moved my sewer line so they could back out...

I'm not sure if this normal behavior... For this type of camping.. See we are new to camping and for the last few years we have only stayed at Blue water key in Key west or lazydays in Tampa....

Thoughts opinions..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2015, 06:50 PM   #2

In my opinion, all of the behaviors mentioned were not acceptable.
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
My advice: Try not to get upset about the things you can't control. If it's really poor behavior, call the host.. It's his/her job to solve that problem.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
Wondering what is the correct behavior for campers...We are at a encore location and am amazed at the way people are acting and being allowed to act... Maybe I'm expecting to much..

First.. The last 3 nights we have had rigs setting up around us a 2-3am....I wouldn't mind if they pulled in and shut it off.. But the last one arrived at 3:20am and spent over an hour trying to park there rig and yelling back and forth...

Second..we have a water view site.. So the other night I here my dog growling and get up to take a look.. And I find an entire family sitting behind my rig fishing while the kids are sitting at my picnic table under my awning..... Didn't even know what to say....I just took the dog out and they left...

Third ....The carts.... They drive the carts right along the back side of our site to get access to the water ..Then slowly back out... One of them actually got off the cart and moved my sewer line so they could back out...

I'm not sure if this normal behavior... For this type of camping.. See we are new to camping and for the last few years we have only stayed at Blue water key in Key west or lazydays in Tampa....

Thoughts opinions..

Total lack of regard for the rights of others. Unfortunate but a reflection of the population at large. Obviously, the campground management has a hands off policy.

In many campgrounds with shoreline, the area directly around the water is open to all. Of course, they should respect you camp site.

Would you share the name of the facility.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
My advice: Try not to get upset about the things you can't control. If it's really poor behavior, call the host.. It's his/her job to solve that problem.
I agree. Best not to stress over this kind of stuff. It happens no matter where you are. Maybe you could turn the trespassers into friends?
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post

Be thankful that they got off the cart and moved your sewer line instead of just driving over it. I had a thoughtful neighbor crush my sewer line.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's not really a shoreline.. More like a cement retaining wall... Regardless.. Just found it unusual to find these people sitting less than a foot from my bumper and under my awning ..... I don't mind saying.. I'm at Fiesta Key resort been here for over a week all was good we basically had the place to ourselves.. But people started arriving last night and this place has become really crowded... The sites are right on top of each other and staggered.. So my neighbors sewer pipe is under my awning...lol

And get this.. We watched two guys go to a site 3 rigs up and take there sites picnic bench..
Old 06-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #8

I am sorry you experienced this. Without the campground rules enforced by those that run them it is a free for all

Not sure if you saw this thread:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/me-ge...nt-248120.html
Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Better place to stay is Grassy Key RV Resort at MM57.

JohnnyB
Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 PM   #10

While very much inappropriate behavior, I agree with cb1000rider.. There's not much sense in getting worked up over things you cannot control.
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
These are not RV'ers these are week end campers.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We tried to book Grassy Key.. But they were full..even drove by today to see if they had any room...
Old 06-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Don't seem to have a problem with strange people sitting at my picnic table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1436.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	540.3 KB
ID:	98452  
Old 06-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
I've been to Blue Water Key, if this what you are use to, unfortunately you may have to lower your expectations. I agree with the above posters, this should not be normal etiquette.