Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
I believe the "Ethics of Reciprocity" or just the good old "Golden Rule" apply to this discussion.
tmar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #16

Do unto others before they do-do unto you!
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #17

I treat guests as I would expect to be treated, with courtesy and respect. If we have guests they are welcome to use our facilities.
On a side note, on a trip years ago; we were stopped by highway construction in N. NV for about two hours (washout). Drivers were passing time by conversing on the CB radios, when one guy commented that traffic had to be moving soon because his pregnant wife really had to go. I invited her, and husband to our RV to use the facilities. About 5 women took advantage of our offer.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #18

If a guest needed my bathroom, no problem. But based on what I have read on how some other folk use (or rather don't use) their bathrooms, I would have to visit facilities before visiting... or not visit. Good thing I don't have "bladder problems". After reading this thread, I'm not sure I would risk "visiting" some in their RV.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Honestly, I can't imagine not allowing and inviting our guests to use our bathroom, in fact I tell our guests where the bathroom is, so they can use it if they need it. And mostly we boondock! If you are hooked up at a campground, why wouldn't you offer the same amenities to your friends as you would at your home? If you're inviting them in, then you are the host or hostess. My humble opinion...

Brenda, of...
Old 04-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #20

If someone asks you to use your bathroom, and you say no, you've probably just lost a friend.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #21

Once upon a time, DW and I were caught in major traffic jam on I 80 in Wyo. Lady trucker next to us really had to go. Wife told her no problem use ours in the 5er. On down the road we had a tire blow. Lady trucker pulled up behind us - woke her partner up ( a really big young guy) and had him change our tire. Always do good deeds!
Richard Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:59 PM   #22

If I am hosting I would expect guests to go in the Coach and use My Bathroom,
If I am a guest and My rig is only next door or close, I would Go back to My Coach. But if I am visiting "Cocktails" "Dinner or Whatever and we are on the other side of the CG I have No problem with using the Guests facilities!!

Rick
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 PM   #23

I would never ask to use another RVers bathroom and I would never allow someone in my camper I wouldn't permit to use my bathroom if they asked.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #24

I would go to my RV or the camp RR to potty, but that's just me.
krs2fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #25

Since I full-time, I'm with the crowd saying all guests are welcome to use my potty. If I'm not okay with someone using my toilet, they are certainly not making it inside my front door.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #26

Since the "travel" unit is only with an "added" pota-potti, it would be unlikely to use ours as everyone else would have to leave for the privacy. The full-time rig - on the other hand - is avail to all who visit since it is our "home" and same as a stick house to some.

Ben Stair is offline   Reply With Quote