Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Proper Tire Pressure

Greetings,
Does anybody know proper tire air pressure for an Arctic Fox 27-5?

Don't have alot of paperwork on rv and in a dead zone and can't call anybody.

I have been researching on internet, but not getting much as far as my rv.

Is there a place on the rv that would have it. Just inside the door there is a label that has the GVWR and other weight numbers, but nothing to do with tire pressure.
The guy where I bought the rv said it was 80, but he also said my front and rear on my truck were also 80 and that was incorrect based on my truck door label, which said 65F and 75R, so can't depend on his info anymore.

Heading out on Wednesday so like to get my ducks in a row, took care of truck tires today. Thanks in advance.
Ladyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2017, 08:55 PM   #2

Your 5er will have a federally-mandated label on/in it with the correct tire pressure listed for that particular trailer. However, since most trailers are continually loaded near or at the maximum tire load rating, ST tire mfgrs recommend the sidewall listed pressure.
Tandem axle trailers place great stress on tire sidewalls, I have seen trailer tires rolled off the rim enough to break the bead seal from inadequate pressure when making a spot-turn.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 05:10 AM   #3

Look very closely at one of the tire's sidewalls. There will be a maximum tire pressure located there....and hopefully your air pressure gauge will be accurate enough to get you to that pressure. Make sure you do this when the tires are cold/ambient temperature, not after driving for any distance. If you are going from a cool morning lets say, to much warmer temperatures in the afternoon, you may have to make adjustments to tire pressure, depending on the amount of temperature change from morning cold to afternoon hot. Tires that are run under-inflated will heat up much more quickly than properly inflated tires, and is the cause of blowouts many times.
xrated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Tire Pressure

Found it!!!!

Just now while I was flushing the black tank I saw the label on the outside. Drivers side at the front side. Yeah!!!!

Thank you all for helping.
I love this group.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:56 PM   #5

Have the tires on your RV or truck ever been replaced? If so the rating on the vehicles may be invalid if the tires were upgraded at the time. If you inflate to the maximum load rating pressure you can be assured that your tires will not overheat and fail. Low pressure kills tires, not high pressure.
Woodlandhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #6

Tire Pressure

Woodlandhill,

No, everything is new. My truck is 2017 and my 5er is 2016. Thank you.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

For an RV trailer, the "correct' pressure is nearly always the max load pressure shown on the tire sidewall. The axles and tires are almost always sized to be just sufficient for the trailer weight, so the max load psi is the right one.

The most correct answer would be to weigh the trailer when loaded for travel, calculate the load on the tires, and then look up the required psi in the tire manufacturers load-inflation tables. But given the way RV trailers are designed, those tables will surely show that the tires are at or near max load and this require the max load pressure.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #8

Ladyhawk,
Everyone of us has started out in the RV life at some point--sounds like you may be fresh into RVing?
There is an owners group forum for Northwoods products at:

Home - Northwood RV Owners Association Forum

There ought to be a wealth of info for you to read through there...

Safe travels.

Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:27 AM   #9

Thank you, you explained that very well.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:39 AM   #10

Thank you wingnut60, but I actually did join that group initially until it asked for money. And I know it's not much, but it's the principle to me.
RV people are very kind and helpful people so I can find help and comradery(?) for free on several other sites.
And yes, I am a fresh rver. Just started out January. Full time and loving it.

Tags
tire pressure