Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #15

There are some states that have NO Lemon Law at all to cover any part of an RV only cars and pickup trucks and SUVs, Like New Jersey. Then there are states that have a great Lemon Law. Like Fla & CA. But, all of them need more detail to help us with our warranty repairs. Florida, a person has to go through a mediation and is very involve but, it will help for the horrific problems of some. We do need a Federal Law to cover all as stated in the proposal.
Toni
New Proposal Site

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2005, 06:07 PM   #16

So what denial of compensation lead you to put all this time and energy into this effort?

'01 34'Carri-Lite, 5ver
h2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #17

My Web Site
Old 12-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #18

I have no agenda. I have been extremely lucky, happy and successful with my Gulf
Stream BTC. I have had only minor problems which have been fixed in a timely fashion with the assistance of Gulf Stream & an independent RV repair shop.
Let's just say that I am a self proclaimed advocate for our RV friends that have not been so lucky. I have a folder full of horror stories and am sickened by the results or non resolve of their problems.
Check out my Web Site.
Toni
My Web Site

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2guy:
So what denial of compensation lead you to put all this time and energy into this effort? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This is a PROPOSAL in Petition form to send out to the politicians to gain interest in our cause. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This really interesting, particularly since it isn't addressed to anyone and guess what, it sure would be a great way to get a nice email list to sell to the spam sending organizations! Sorry, but it takes a little more than a pretty theory to get me to hand out my name and email for a list with no restrictions!

Has anyone noticed an increase in their spam lately?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:19 PM   #20

First let me ask this....Don't you guys use a Spam Blocker? Second how can this be addressed to any one in particular if it is meant to be mailed to each of the Representative and/or Congressmen from each of the states the Rvers live in. I had requested that once this has had enough signatures, that each of you copy the Proposal and mail it to your Reps/Cong. I will mail the master copy but we need actual signatures for a petition. Which BTW, I have rvers that have copied the proposal and are requesting signatures at each of their respective campgrounds. We do have a lot of different ways to accomplish this. I am trying to do this for all of us. I promise you all, that you will not receive an email from me unless you request it through my "Contact Me" on my Web site.
We presently have 748 signatures on the Original Proposal site. And on the new petition site we have to date 63 signatures.
All signatures on the new petition Proposal site can not be viewed by any one but me.
I am asking here and now, how many of the 811 signers have received emails from me or my IP address without requesting me to contact them.
New RV Proposal for the Protection Act
I have set up the New Site at the request of some of our RVer who would like to sign but not use a public Web Site. The New site is one of my personal Web sites. You can also check out
My Personal Web Site.
in the event you want to know more about me and what I am trying to do.
Feel free to contact me personally or if I have contacted you as a result of your signing my proposal, PLEASE POST YOUR COMPLAINT, HERE ON THIS THREAD. This is the only way that I could prove my intentions.
Thank you, Toni
Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Toni,

Just wanted to reply that I did sign the petition at your website, and, no, I have never been contacted by anyone as a result, though you're more than welcome to, especially if you and your family are up in n/w PA, and I can be of assistance. Thank you for all the thought and hard work you put into the petition.

Christine
ChristineMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Toni, I support you and your effort to get any kind of legal means for RVers to get their problems resolved. I've posted numerious complaints and displeasures with and about the manufacture of our coach, only to be chastized for telling the truth. Some folks are lucky they haven't had to go through the experience, if they had, they wouldn't be so quick portray us a bashers.

Some of the feed back you are getting, sounds exactly like the news media hammering our President. In stead of helping and addressing a solution, it sounds like they support the manufactures who created the problems.

I for one, have long been an advocate of RVers Rights. We're caught up in this life style(RVing), where the industry providing the products, is **** bent to make as much money on us as they can. The sad thing about it is, that there aren't enough of us who really care to stand up for anyone but themselves, if they even do that. This is very much like setting up a new government in the old west. It's going to take a few hangings and linch mobbs to get the Industry's attention and let them know that we're feed up with the way they are doing business.

radarr
Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 AM   #23

Christine,
Thank you so very much for your support.
Toni
Old 12-20-2005, 05:57 AM   #24

Radarr,
It is rvers like you that incited me to start this. I know what you mean about the "bashing" attacks on the problematic RV Mfg. I always try to post when I see that some of the rvers are being attacked for airing their problems and asking for help.
I think sometimes when rvers are out having fun; they forget that there are humans suffering and loosing money for the defective purchases. Some of these rvers have suffered health issues due to the negligence of dealers or Mfg. I think that there are a few Mfg and dealers that have come through for some of them after a lot of aggravation and time lost but they did step up eventually. But, too far and few between all of the others that are not even trying.
Toni
Old 12-20-2005, 06:04 AM   #25

Please check out this forum for any information on Damon quality. Especially take note of the inspection post.
forum post
You can read but as usual with forums, you have to sign up before you post.
Toni
Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Earlier this year we were at a rally in NC and a 78 year old gentelman came over to the new coach viewing area, looking pale and very discussed, almost like walking death. I was standing with a manufacturers rep, talking and I thought we might have an emergency situation the guy looked that bad. Here's what lead this gentelman to be at this condition.

He and his wife, just purchased a new coach and were heading out of a very congested city(I think it was New York or somewhere not very MotorHome friendly) as they were going down the road a vehicle pulled along side of them and flagged them down to tell them the right rear of the coach was smoking. The gentelman looked in his review mirrors and saw black smoke bellowing out. He stopped and called a service company to help. Now keep in mind, this coach was brand new, the worse part, it was Sunday morning on a holiday weekend.

The service company towed the vehicle to a dealer, where the man and his wife had to wait, without electric and any services till Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning, the service manager had his people get right on the problem to see what had happened. It wasn't really clear, but supposedly they did a few things and replaced a few parts and cleaned up th mess from the smoke.

Well, Saturday morning the folks get back on the road and their just about at the resort and man see's smoke bellowing out of the rear of the coach again. He's at the gate to the resort where this rally took place in NC and decides to get to his site and call the manufacture. As it would happen, the manufacture was closed for the weekend, so here these folks sit again with a new coach and can't use any of the services. This time the damage was more sever and melted components in the electrical compartment.

Like I mentioned, when this gentelman came to the new vehicle viewing area, he really looked like walking death, and for good reason. The toll of these two episodes actually caused this man a heart attack. At 78 years old, who would every expect this to happen.

Fortunately for this couple, the coach they bought was manufactured by a company, who's owner is known for taking exceptional care of his customers. The coach was returned to the factory and repaired to better then new and the couple was compensated for their time and trouble.

The point I bring up, is that the toll on this man's health as well as his wife's, is unmeasureable. It could have been a lot worse, especially if they had to deal with a manufacture that doesn't care or shows a total disregard, and that happens much to often.

amore
Old 12-22-2005, 04:38 PM   #27

radarr,
Unfortunately, this is not a novel story. I have spoken to people from Arkansas that went through a very similar experience. There is a slight age difference in the 2 couples. But, the husband did have a heart attack. But, they did not get any resolve from their Mfg. They were so tired of the back and forth nonsense, they had to trade and lose over $30,000 on the trade but they couldn't take it anymore. Their health was more important than the money. BTW, they were full timers also. And, they were in more motels waiting for service and more rental cars that one would want with a beautiful Class A. It was disheartening. I have spoken to them on the phone many times. They are now very happy with a different Mfg. It is sad. Isn't it? We wait all of our lives for a dream. We saved all those years and finnally your dream turns into a nightmare. What a shame.
Toni
Old 12-23-2005, 03:02 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
And you know tonigil, I don't know of any other industry where this is more prevalent. As the numbers increase, so does this problem.

radarr