Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #29

Radarr,
You are absolutely right. There is not another industry where the dealer, Mfg or the sellers could get away with this. That is Big Money talking that is why. But, there are some Mfg that are ready willing and able to satisfy their customers. I do know of a few Mfgs that do this. It is unfortunate that when we publish these types of lists there is always someone that makes a mockery of the list to suite their own agenda. Toni
tonigil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2006, 05:53 AM   #30

For those of you who have not had the oportunity to check this out. Or, for new posters, who have not seen this before, please check this out.
RV Protection Proposal

Thank you,
Toni
Old 02-09-2006, 05:31 AM   #31

I would like you all to know that I am watching the signatures coming in at a steady rate. I also want you to know that although I have been keeping track of the petition, I have had to take time off for family medical problems. However, I have been keeping in contact with all of our rv friends that have been having problems. I have provided necessary information for those who required direction to their resolve. So, if anyone requires information for their particular problem under warranty, feel free to contact me on either of the following links....
New petition
--then go to "Sign Here"
--locate either Hyperlinks at the bottom of that page
Either, the "My Email Address" or
My Personal Web page
I can use your help in spreading the word.
Thank you, Toni
Old 02-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #32

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tonigil:
I would like you all to know that I am watching the signatures coming in at a steady rate. I also want you to know that although I have been keeping track of the petition, I have had to take time off for family medical problems. However, I have been keeping in contact with all of our rv friends that have been having problems. I have provided necessary information for those who required direction to their resolve. So, if anyone requires information for their particular problem under warranty, feel free to contact me on either of the following links....
New petition
--then go to "Sign Here"
--locate either Hyperlinks at the bottom of that page
Either, the "My Email Address" or
My Personal Web page
I can use your help in spreading the word.
Thank you, Toni </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You keep calling it a PETITION. Do know that I am not against your cause, I wish you luck in that you can get something done but I think it is confusing with your wordings. As I have said before, it sounds good but this Internet petition will probably not help matters. Most all states do not recognize a 'so called' signed petition via the Internet as there is NO WAY to prove it was an actual input of the person shown. There IS NOT a feasible way to follow-up on an Internet signature. If this petition was ON PAPER, then that would pose a different story and the outlook on something to be done might be realized.

Again, I have respect to your cause.

Rich
iRV2.com Member #216

2012 Arctic Fox 29-5T (Northwood Mfg) 5th wheel - 2014 RAM 3500:cool dually
Rich & Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #33

This is a PROPOSAL for the petition. When I have enough names, I will forward this with all of the information provided by the consumers. A lot of the consumers gave their stories and their email addresses. Although this may not be a legal and binding "Petition", it will make the "powers that be" aware of the many problems that we are faced with in this industry. This, as I have said is a baby step in the right direction. The first step is to make people aware of what is going on. If you like to read check out this forum and what many rver's are suffering with their neglected warranty problems.
RV forum
Since there were objections to the original Petition site, I started my own site (for privacy) for the proposal of the petition on...
My Proposal
If you are interested in what I am about visit
My Personal Web site
Old 05-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #34

My apologies for not checking in sooner. I just lost my husband and have not had the mindset to check in. But, the proposal has been progressing at a good rate and I will be in full swing ASAP. Thank you all for your support.
Toni
New Proposal
Old 05-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #35
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Toni-
You & your family have our deepest sympathies on losing John. May the memories you have of times together & the strength of our Lord see you through this difficult time.
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:51 AM   #36

Dave & Lori
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am going to try to get on the road again soon. My kids are great and they are taking turns to go with me a few times. My youngest son will join me for 2 weeks out to the west coast and my daughter will fly out and be with me for the return trip for 2 weeks while my son flies back to work. I would like to try one short trip on my own but my kids have reversed rolls with me. They have become my mother. Well, we will see how the next few months go. Again thank you. Toni
Old 05-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #37

Why not use your voting $$? Don't buy RV's from manufacturers that build crap! It's the same ones over & over. Butywell made RV's that have decent CCC!
You can't have it all. Tile floors cost you in weight, Corian counters, slides affect the structural integrity of the coach & how many of you say, "I wouldn't buy a coach w/out a slide!
You can't have it all!!!!!

and... yes.... there are coaches that are built well!!! They are built by companies that sell factory direct, to help keep your cost down. Tehy are built by family owned companies, who don't have to answer to shareholders. They are built by companies that won't put something on the coach that comprimises the coach... no matter how much you want it! You now vote w/ your $$, in support of the companies who give you junk products! Vote for a company that gives you a GOOD product! They do exhist!
There are too many laws on the books now that do nothing but protect us from ourselves. Why put another one out there?
Old 05-07-2006, 10:37 AM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOW.... look at that view!!!:
Why not use your voting $$? Don't buy RV's from manufacturers that build crap! It's the same ones over & over. Butywell made RV's that have decent CCC!
You can't have it all. Tile floors cost you in weight, Corian counters, slides affect the structural integrity of the coach & how many of you say, "I wouldn't buy a coach w/out a slide!
You can't have it all!!!!!

and... yes.... there are coaches that are built well!!! They are built by companies that sell factory direct, to help keep your cost down. Tehy are built by family owned companies, who don't have to answer to shareholders. They are built by companies that won't put something on the coach that comprimises the coach... no matter how much you want it! You now vote w/ your $$, in support of the companies who give you junk products! Vote for a company that gives you a GOOD product! They do exhist!
There are too many laws on the books now that do nothing but protect us from ourselves. Why put another one out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Some of the best RVs have had big problems. The ones that don't have problems, I can't afford and neither could a lot of my retired friends.
If it weren't for my 2005 Gulfstream 24' BTC my husband and I would have missed a life time in this past year. I just lost my husband in March but the memories will be with me forever. I wish we could have afforded a bigger, better and more expensive RV. But, guess what, I could not have seen nor done any more with a more expensive RV.
And still what remains is this.....It should not be the price that should make the difference. It should be I will buy the product as advertised. If you sell the product to me as advertised.
The Mfgs should stand by their product in the same way as any other product. What exempts RV Mfgs from honoring their warranty? What gives them the right to not follow through with their promise of warranty? With a law like this, we will get what we pay for. A sink that works. A shower that works and a TV, lights,stove etc that works. Why would I buy a toilet that I can't use? And a house on wheels that doesn't leak. I wouldn't buy a stick house that leaks. I wouldn't buy a watch that is rusted from the inside out. Just a few examples.
Toni