Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2011, 12:36 AM   #99

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessenab View Post
Sorry about the old statistics but 2 million per year?
Yep, here's the link

For some real world stores check here

I've had a concealed carry license for over 25 years, in that time I have had to show two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" that I was armed and prepared to defend myself. I could post the story here but it'd probably get removed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #100

Heres one for ya, I'm 76 years old and have never had to produce any kind of weapon to protect myself nor anyone else. And that includes the 20 years I was in the military !!

Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #101

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandmax View Post
Heres one for ya, I'm 76 years old and have never had to produce any kind of weapon to protect myself nor anyone else. And that includes the 20 years I was in the military !!
Well said...More guns and more people with guns is not an answer...So if we all have guns and we all pull the guns and we all fire the guns ...Right
Peace is obtainable... but not like that......D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D

Yep, here's the link

For some real world stores check here

I've had a concealed carry license for over 25 years, in that time I have had to show two Spanish speaking "gentlemen" that I was armed and prepared to defend myself. I could post the story here but it'd probably get removed.
Wha does speaking Spanish have to do with being a threat? I'm confused.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #103

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2912N View Post
Till you come across the guy who rips the tazer darts out and keeps coming. And the guy who looks at you when you rack a round in the shotgun and laughs and keeps coming....and other than being crazy has not done anything to justify killing him.

No matter what you choose to carry, be it Mace/OC spray/wasp spray, a gun, or taser...make sure that you know how to use it and that you understand both the moral and legal implications of it's use.
Morally if he or she intends to Hurt or Kill your's or you you have the God given right to save the system from using the death penalty!

And in Texas we use it both ways!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #104

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Well said...More guns and more people with guns is not an answer...So if we all have guns and we all pull the guns and we all fire the guns ...Right
Peace is obtainable... but not like that......D

Here are some interesting thoughts:

- There are 6 million people across the US with concealed handgun licenses. While the information is not as available in the other States as it is in Texas, you can see http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/adminis...Report2009.pdf legal problems with CHLs versus the population. If you compare them to similar statistics for Law Enforcement officers, I believe that you will find the CHL rates lower.
Texas is approaching 600,000 CHLS. Florida has over 1.2 million.

- Hunters across the US, if combined into a group, would be the largest army in the world. Here is just a portion of that. http://illinoischannel.blogspot.com/...-in-world.html

The US is the only country to have the right to bear arms written into its governing document. Countries like Mexico, the UK and Austrailia have taken the opposite approach and banned guns. You might want to compare crime statistics in those countries with those in the US. A particularly interesting set of statistics is the crime rates in each of the States after they became "Shall Issue" for concealed handguns. In studies of US prison inmates, 66% were more afraid of armed homeowners than they were police officers. Guns and Ammo Enthusiast Blog - A blog for and by Guns and Ammo Enthusiast's

I fully agree that if you choose to acquire some means to defend yourself, you should take the time to understand it, practice with it and be prepared for the consequences of using it. Wasp spray and tasers are not without potential side affects and using any type of spray in a windy condition could be tricky at best.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #105

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
More guns and more people with guns is not an answer
Actually the FBI statistics show that in EVERY instance where concealed carry laws allowing it were passed the crime rate went down. Criminals don't like it when victims can fight back!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #106

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowreef View Post
Wha does speaking Spanish have to do with being a threat? I'm confused.
Because they were trying to get me to open the motorhome door and couldn't even speak English. One knocked on the door and wanted me to open it, at that time I noticed they had me blocked in with a pickup and one was fishing under the seat for something. I didn't wait to see what, so I holstered my .45 and went to the back for my shotgun. The motorhome is 41' long so it took a few seconds to get back, by then they were GONE. I was prepared to start the engine and apply 350hp and 1050 foot lbs to the side of their pickup if need be. I didn't need to, nor did I threaten them, just showed that I wasn't going down easy!!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #107

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Completely agree with Mr_D and Chasfm11. Criminals look for easy prey and prefer their victim to be free of guns.

Unfortunately the world is changing around us.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

A CHL holder has passed a thorough FBI background check, finger printed and required to attend a gun safety class that requires time on a range to demonstrate a degree of proficiency. I suggest to you this means the guy with CHL is not a problem for you.

Increased guns laws or bans on guns achieve one thing and one thing only, it assures that the only private citizens with guns will be the criminals. Guns laws will not phase a criminal.

I think every honest citizen would love to live a life free of guns and crime, unfortunately utopia does not exist and hasn't existed since man learned to use a club.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #108

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We carry with us two Judge pistols. First round is a 410 and then a Long Colt 45 followed by another 410 if needed with two Colt rounds for clean up. Shoot year round at my range and know the laws for protection and have a carry lic. for 33 states. Wasp spray is good but a crazy person will start shooting and who knows were the rounds will go.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #109
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's time to close this thread and move on.

The OP specifically stated that he was not interested in guns and this thread has been off topic for too long.

Closed Thread