Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #1
Protective coating for an RV - EcoRVPro

Has anyone used EcoRVPro to coat their new RV? Who installed it? Cost?

I'm in the process of buying a new Itasca Navion IQ and want to protect the finish.

Dave of AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2014, 03:43 AM   #2

Google around a bit, and do a search in the forums here as well. You'll find that selling "paint protection" is a scam. Your paint manufacturer is Sikkens and, if you have full body paint, CDI is the company that Winny uses to paint their coaches in Forest City. Call CDI at 641-585-5900 and ask about "paint protection" products that are applied. I would certainly hope that CDI would steer you in the right direction, unless of course they're in on the scam as well as these types of products are nothing more than a hellacious profit generating machine that does little more than separate you from your money.

You could also call a local reputable body shop and ask them about these types of products...

94-Newmar Kountry Star 40-KSDP
Spartan/Cummins 8.3C-300HP/Allison 3060 WTEC-II/25yr RV Tech RVIA Certified/Onan-Cummins Certified
94-Newmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree with 94-Newmar. Full body paint is just like the painting technique used on your car. A base layer that is the color followed by multiple coats of clear coat which protects the base color. You should not need additional protection.
Brad & Bonnie
2007 Monaco LaPalma 36DBD
Bfmorgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
We used Eco pro on the interior of our last RV and will also on the new one once it gets here. I equate it to Scotch Guard. It helped , at least for me to keep things clean, especially with the animals.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Freightliner Owners Club
Eco-bio-green the new ubiquitous buzz words.... and no I have not tried the product.
Hooligan, Pensacola, Fl -U.S. Coast Guard 1956-1985
2016 Thor Siesta Sprinter 24ST diesel
Our Pug "Lily" & "George" the Newfoundland
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
This product is nothing more than a sealant. In case you do not know what a sealant is, it's much like a wax only lasting longer. It can last up to a year (not 5 years like the product claims) under the right circumstances. A wax will last up to 6 months under the right circumstances. I detail my own cars and coach and use a sealant, then a wax over that simply because I like the look it gives. Hope that helps.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IMO you can get the same results with any decent quality car or boat "wax" (read: synthetic paint sealant) and Scotch-guard on the interior. If you want to pay somebody else to do that, OK, but the EcoRVpro product applications are often wildly overpriced by the dealer, e.g. $1500 or more for interior & exterior. And there is no evidence that EcoRVpro's paint sealant and interior sealants are any better than another, either in Eco-friendliness or performance.

Buy yourself a good quality vehicle "wax" (it doesn't need to have any real wax in it) and some Scotchguard and do it yourself, or hire a reliable detailer to apply it. I would think that $300 or so should cover the cost of a really good detailing job on that size rig.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2013 Buick Verano
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote