Hello all I am new here and my introduction is here LINK
. We used to own a pop-up and a Class A, we did some seasonal park hosting for a few years, and sold it about 5 years ago when the travels slowed due to scheduling.
We were reviewing our travel budget for July 2016 and found that we had spent $1080 on cabins, yurt, hotel stays during our vacations last month.
My wife would like to purchase a used RV now with the intention of upgrading when we go full time in 6 years. I would like to wait and purchase an RV with better options and more money when we are closer to our decision date but then she made a good point.
We had calculated approx fuel costs, insurance, some meals, and camp site rentals and figured we could have saved $400-$500 in July if we had an RV.
So my dilemma is should we make an investment now for 5-10 year old Class A knowing it would probably have to be gas, or continue saving and wait for the right time to get the Class A Diesel? She made a good point and we are traveling more often I just don't know if we have weighed all the pros and cons, and we have limited funds so I don't want to be stuck with lengthy payments.
Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.