Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #15

Use your home equity to get the loot and buy what you want.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
RV prices vary so much, I can see why banks are hard to find. But the dealer HAS to know that already. Perhaps the salesman doesn't want to lose his commission so he's putting you off until they find a bank. This has happened before, and I can't figure out why it's such an issue, and why the lies.

Call your bank just for reference on loan pkg. you may find a loan on your own, or at least tell them they have two days to match that. Put a stop on the bank check which may be held up right now. Ask for their finance guy and ask just what do you have to do at this point.

I read so many complaints similar to this on Yelp reviews, try looking through the reviews on Yelp to see if you find your dealer often mentioned with complaints. Notify them again, and demand an explanation.
Good luck.

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #17

Unless you got a great deal or really love this coach call your bank and have them email you a document containing everything needed including name and phone number for a human for the dealer to wire the funds into your account and print it out.

Go to the dealer and tell them to hand you keys and title or transfer the funds AT ONCE while you wait and hand them the printout.

Done.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:11 AM   #18

it sounds like the dealer over priced the RV. I would take the opportunity to look around or work the price down with this dealer.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #19

I've been on the phone with the dealer's finance manager, a couple banks that are open on the weekend, and my cousin who is an attorney. I feel like I got a great/fair deal on this RV. The finance manager is trying to tell me that the PO is not a legally binding contract, and that I can talk to their lawyer about any legality issues. What's funny is they cannot sell the RV to anyone else right now, so it sounds like it's legally binding to me.

Where I'm at right now: they are being very stern with me on not being able to follow through with the deal we had agreed on. I find it hard to believe they would go through with the paperwork and sign off on all the terms without getting some sort of pre-approval. They are telling me I'm going to have to find my own financing at this point or pay cash. I'm pretty frustrated.... they had all week and didn't even turn in my applications to the banks until yesterday (I can see on my credit monitoring app via Credit Karma). Now, it's the weekend and all the banks are closed, so it looks like I will have to wait until early next week to get some answers. I hate the attitude I've been getting from these jerks, and part of me is wanting to pull out of the deal completely. I don't see how this is even legal.... there is nothing in the agreement that states this is subject to financing. In fact, it even says in some cases I may have to make payment to "we, or us" meaning the dealership.

Can anyone give me advice on where to find a loan for +-$20,000 for a 2002 motorhome with a decent interest rate? I've got perfect credit.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #20

Whenever I make an offer on something, car, boat, RV or home I have subjects, subject to financing, to inspection, to anything that may suit the deal and that always covers my butt. If you have made an offer with no subjects and a down payment and now cannot get financing you could get burned by these idiots and lose your down.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 AM   #21
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree that the dealer should know enough about their lenders where they should have a good idea on what can go through and what cannot. It sounds like no one is willing to buy your loan, for whatever reason.

I doubt the dealer gains anything by "jerking you around".

Do you have a credit union or bank that you can apply for a loan? How about a high limit credit card?

If you know of any used car dealers, maybe ask them who they deal with?

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:31 PM   #22

Update: dealer held tight and tried to argue the purchase order was note a legal binding document. I ended up securing my own loan through Lightstream (so easy to deal with!) I applied Monday morning, received an acceptance within 6 hours and the money will be deposited into my bank account tomorrow morning (Wednesday). I opted to spend a little more out of pocket and go for a 7 year loan instead of 10. I was able to get an even better rate than the dealer and in the end will be saving a good amount of money.

I'm picking up the RV on Friday morning at 9AM. Screw the dealership. The only reason I'm even following through with this RV is because I feel like I got a good deal. They sort of took the fun out of my purchase. I can't wait to have everything squared away and drive off the lot in my first real RV!
Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
Senior Member - DIYer

Ford Super Duty Owner
GREAT-

To bad you didn't know about all this going into negotiations with the dealer.

Cash talks - Basically your writing a check to the dealer so they don't have to mess with any of the loan stuff.

When we negotiated our purchase, I took my checkbook out and placed it on the desk in plain view of the sales manager.

He gives me the title, I write the check, no need for any paperwork.

It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Financing RV's

Just a note that may help other folks looking for financing on RV's. If you were in the military or have family folks in the military or were in the military check with USAA. I got the best rates and service from them about 3 months ago. I have had many RV loans in the past and recommend them.

maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, purchase