Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #29
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm afraid that doing something like that would turn my dream into a nightmare. The wife tried renting out condos on the beach for a while. It was unbelieveable what people will do to others property.

Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #30
Since we won't lend it to our kids, I sure would not want to rent it out unless it was one I did not care about anymore anyhow.

Chandler Bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #31
Hi folks,

I'm somewhat new to the forum too, and have received a solicitation via mail to put our '07 Monaco Knight into a rental pool.

Appreciate the responses so far but I'm still wondering if anyone here has actually DONE the deed and can report back on the fine print. :-)

I checked into this sort of thing a few years back when the coach was new and came away (at that time) with the impression it was a great deal for the company doing the renting but a not-so-good deal for the owner (they billed you for oil changes, tire replacement, and other routine maintenance, for example).

So, to refresh the thread a little, has anyone out there done this with their coach, and if so, what are the finer points of the "standard" business arrangement?

wildweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
Freightliner Owners Club
The movie RV comes to mind! No way here JR
jroethke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
Might be a great place to try to housebreak my puppy.
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Hand my RV over to absolute novices who have no skin in the game? Ummmmm.....no. Allow me to be more emphatic. NO! Ain't gonna happen.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #35
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by RustyJC
Hand my RV over to absolute novices who have no skin in the game? Ummmmm.....no. Allow me to be more emphatic. NO! Ain't gonna happen.

Hey Rusty,
NO is a complete sentence.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #36

I have a 2004 Country Coach Allure, I would not put it in a rental pool. Just a few of the reasons, I keep the MH loaded with clothing beeding cooking items beyond pots and pans, food items, plus all kinds of personal items gathered over the years. I would not want to leave these in a rental unit, thus unpacking and reloading would be a major pain, and also limit spur of the minute trips. Having a stocked motorhome is a major factor in owning, and one of the reasons to own your a motor home as opposed to renting yourself.
Read the Country Coach manuels there are numerous systems that are complicated and if not used properly sever damage can occur. I would not trust a stranger to operate my motorhome.
Larry Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #37
I have rented a Sailboat in a rental pool. It was at the school I taught at and they would have an instructor on the boat. I still have more repairs adn damage than it was worth so after a few years I sold the boat and got a Motorhome. The answer I gave to a neighbor one time was NO. The other thing is your insurance says the motorhome has to be in your control and that is even an issue if you are consigning it.
42' Foretravel U320

24' Bornfree
John S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #38
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
What RustyJC said.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
Think about anybody you know that no way in hell you'd let borrow your RV and that's who will be renting it, except even worse. Ever rent a car because you wouldn't drive your car there?
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #40
If you decide to do it check with ins.
Just received some forms from GMAC, included was a statement that if the RV was rented or leased out, liability ins was void.
also that there is ins coverag available to cover leasing/ renting.
milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #41
After owning rental property and cleaning and repairing after tenants I don't think it is anything I would consider.A rental pool has no monetary incentive to check their clients too carefully.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
As a current owner, and past renter..............The short answer, no way! I barely know enough now to operate some of the systems, I sure didn't then. Plus there is the company the renter keeps, meaning in the past I would always rent then my friends and I would then have an excellent adventure. Well my credit card/deposit were on file so I really tried to keep things the way I would want them kept if it were my own. But I did tire of policing my friends. Even now I recently returned from a 10 day 2100 mile trip with 3 of my friends, biking, hiking, and kayaking, seriously theyare great guys and good friends but man o' man are they heavy handed, add a few adult beverages in there and it gets even worse. On my last trip I finally had to tell one of my buddies to treat my motorhome like he treats his 200.00 Oakley glasses that he was always cleaning and fretting over! You know what, he still didn't!

YZF571 is offline   Reply With Quote