Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
It would be a tossup between a Prevost converter (of which there are many) and Newell for first place.

For second place would be Foretravel.

I have to settle for third place, Country Coach.

dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #16
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
To me, quality is the thought and effort and standard that is put into design and construction. This translates to longevity.

Anyone can build a coach that is pretty right out of the box. It's how well it stands up to the demands of daily usage that tells the tale. Anyone can set up a Customer Service department, but real customer service comes from the corporate culture, not from the org chart. I've also learned from experience elsewhere that large complex machines require a shakedown period, and do break from time to time. This is not always an indicator of shoddy work.

When we started shopping for a coach about three years ago, we knew we wanted it for full timing. All the factors above were considered, and we narrowed the search to builders whose products had a long-term reputation for quality, solidity, and longevity. We wound up looking at Country Coach, Newmar, and Travel Supreme.

We were not interested in the last several model years due to the styling (couldn't afford brand new, anyway); we preferred to pay cash; and neither one of us believes in "the perfect house" or "the perfect coach"-- ergo, no protracted search.

We quickly found very low numbers of CC and TS for sale. We also learned anew just how different peoples' taste is. Who orders custom recliners in purple leather??After about four months and a not too crazy amount of looking we found this DS with the simple clear arrangement we like. It was bought new in the spring of '02, had been a full time home ever since and was still in great shape. So we bought it.

Is there some wear? Of course. And I find things from time to time and fix them. But it is well made of quality stuff. In a few months it will be 13 years old, and I can realistically envision another 13 years of reliability. That's what I mean by quality built.

And another 2002 Dutch Star DP 4090 owner here although we have the Spartan chassis and Cummins ISC. We ordered ours with a couple walls and pocket doors removed, substituted a different vanity, different countertops, upgraded all wood interior, etc. And I've repaired fewer items in 13 plus years on this coach than I did in a 1998 Santara in two years before we got rid of it. Cabinets kept falling apart.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote