Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #1

Quartzsite Camp Coordinates

I believe the coordinates given on the Rv forum QZ Rally news and sign up list in incorrect. Could someone Verify. I have 2 GPS units and neither one will take the north coordinate of N33.633.10 Thanks anyone.And will see you there. I am leaving the Conroe, Tx. area Sunday 1/15/12

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #2

Not sure what the coordinate you posted is. Are you looking at DDD.MM.SS or DDD.DDDD? My GPS shows the big tent at N33.66206 degrees. Check how you're GPS's are displaying the location.

John

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #3

What are the full coordinates both north and west? Could you provide a link to where it was posted?
Old 01-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #4

The link is found by typing rv forum on the google search. When the page comes up on the left you should see 2012 Quartzsite rally.Go there and the first topic click on the highlighted word "THIS" and it will take you to where the coordinates is posted. I a sure there is an easy by going to the forum @ the top of this page but this was easy for me.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwishard View Post
I believe the coordinates given on the Rv forum QZ Rally news and sign up list in incorrect. Could someone Verify. I have 2 GPS units and neither one will take the north coordinate of N33.633.10 Thanks anyone.And will see you there. I am leaving the Conroe, Tx. area Sunday 1/15/12
Try N 33.63310 Some systems add the second decimil but this will confuse other systems.

Alas, I can't check with this computer as I can not find the blang.. hold on perhaps I can just recalled a different program that does Lat and Long.

Yup that is it try 33.63310 If that don't work try 33.633 it will be very close

Interseciton of I-10 and State Route 95
Old 01-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #6

OK, two problems here, first of all this post should have been at RV Forum not iRV2.com, the second is that I looked at the website and it had 33.63310 without the second period. I don't know if they changed the post or if you wrote it wrong. I hope you printed out the directions, they look pretty good, if you follow the pictures you should be ok. Also, unless you have topo installed in your gps it may not show the roads and you may have to change to walking mode.
See you at the swapmeet! Look for a guy with a golden retriever.
Ric
ps. A company I worked for had a plant in Montgomery and I stayed a few nights there in Conroe.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
My computer GPS shows that location as East Blythe Az.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #8

"My computer GPS shows that location as East Blythe Az."

If entered correctly as 33.63310 114.22560 it will show on a map just west of 95 and south of I-10. If you try and use these numbers in a different Datam (format) like 33 xx xxx or something like that you will be off, it has to
be converted.

Tags
quartzsite